Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • BOZskills
    397 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 7:29 PM

@jkokopeliridg,you didn't answer the the real question in my post if you're just using the free credits,what impact on their business is you not playing or playing less going to have?

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 10:25 PM

JimbeauC:
    Stopped paying after 44 credits

Twelve hours later and still blocked. 

--------------------------

I just don't know yet what this all means. Might just be that one of the few joys I have left is gone. Living in a sort of retail mecca has allowed me to earn free credits which I've passed along. 

Heh. I know that my status here is of no concern to WGT or anyone else. We'll see how it goes. Might be the swan song. 

• Dave33200
    2,935 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 10:41 PM

Dave33200:

Well, it's been 27 hours from my last video credit and it's not giving me anymore. It will let me watch the videos, but no credit rewarded. 

I thought it was 150 every 24 hours? 

36 hours still no credits. 

• Goedemoed
    1,958 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 12:29 AM

Much of this could have been avoided through better communication. Whether we are use to changes happening without being warned or notified, there are better ways to handle these. If wgt started a thread or messaged all club owners, notifying the community to stop credit farming above a certain threshold, the outcome might have been somewhat different. I know not everyone reads the forums, but a large portion would have heard of it through word of mouth.

Excessive mining would still have occurred, but it might then have been easier for wgt to identify them. Much of our issues and blame in this thread would have been irrelevant since wgt has issued a "warning"

To call the opportunists, "abusers" is also not quite correct. The option to farm credits was available with simply clicking a tab without any notice of a limit on it or t&c's. Whether members used bots or like me use 1 device over weekends for longer times to accumulate credits for upcoming events like clashes - the majority might have been under the impression that we are "making money" for wgt, because they are getting paid per click. If we were alerted of the risks involved to wgt, we might have treated mining differently.

The same lack of communication is still happening. I appreciate the fact that you (wgtchampion) did post 1 or 2 counter arguments in this thread since your announcement, but still we only have a number of 150 Cr (which I think could be increased) with no further info of the time frame or what it entails, in spite of every 3rd post requesting clarity on this.

Then, I, like many others (according to the replies) don't get the 150Cr mined. It took me 3 days now to mine about 150 cr with videos suddenly shown as unavailable after watching 2 or 3. This is the tendency since wgt announced the cap on cr via videos, which makes me wonder if you changed the settings of the delivery stream of videos. If there are 150 Cr available I would like to be able to harvest it.

Also don't underestimate the knowledge of your members, by putting up a post explaining your concerns and the need to change something before just implementing it - you might get loads of options and/or advice from members on the forum. All we ask is to be communicated with and although nothing requires you to do so, it just might make your job much easier. By now you know you have a good product with which you make loads of money, imagine what is possible with advice from your client base and a pool of happy customers.

All the best!

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 3:01 AM

I’ve just ditched my clubs and balls and gone back to starter gear, won’t be spending credits,buying credits or watching videos nor joining anymore country clubs that are throwing money or credits for *** prizes in clashes and useless coins for turf wars. Teh game is alot harder with starters from legend tees, but in real life you don’t get golfers hitting round after round in the 50’s like all the keyboard warriors on wgt. And no, I’ve never gone sub 60, and likely I’ll never break par again,but if and when I play it’s for my fun.

• callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 4:50 AM

Dave33200:

Dave33200:

Well, it's been 27 hours from my last video credit and it's not giving me anymore. It will let me watch the videos, but no credit rewarded. 

I thought it was 150 every 24 hours? 

36 hours still no credits. 

Same here.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 6:25 AM

Wish i could get 150 cr a day, last 2 days 32cr. today 14cr, before the cull i could get around 50- 100cr on a good day.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 6:40 AM

Not to be a buzzkill on this fine discussion taking place regarding Limited Credit Videos, but is it just me or does it seem that players are spending more time attempting to gain free credits as opposed to playing the game?

LOL

Don

• RCall1
    1,834 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 6:51 AM

No way WGT would support/endorse anything that they don't make money on. 

Champion you're the goods and I appreciate all you do and I'm sure you're parroting the company edict.

I get it and I'm all for Capitalism...

Please don't play me for a patsy ..after 5 years of dedicated play and ignorantly spending thousands of dollars investing in OUR club and players. 

Call it what it is .. change of policy: good move I appreciate it. You must know limiting credits videos as you have mentally deters many from playing and spending $$$.. The impression is this is a pure money grab ... whether that was the objective? Doesn't matter ... since that is the perception.

I appreciated the videos as a way to offset a few dollars...

Now nothing in 13-15 hours after a TW that I bought 20-30 passes? 

Please be fair and help myself and many others who are loyal customers. Lastly: There should be an advisory group of players who help guide you through any changes you're contemplating .. how it will impact the average, median and elite players ..

Have a blessed day.

all the best rob

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 8:05 AM

TopShelf2010:

Not to be a buzzkill on this fine discussion taking place regarding Limited Credit Videos, but is it just me or does it seem that players are spending more time attempting to gain free credits as opposed to playing the game?

LOL

Don

Good question, here is a hypothetical question for you.

Would it have been possible for someone to open an account, never hit a singe shot, set up a bot to harvest credits from videos, then exchange said credits for gift cards?

This isn't rhetorical btw, i honestly don't know if that would have been possible.

RSS