Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 8/27/19 ***

Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (305 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 9:47 AM

bigjohndough:

how do you stop getting emails from this thread? thanks. 

At the bottom of the posting box...........edit your post and uncheck it.  :-)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 9:54 AM

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 9:56 AM

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 1:53 PM

Things are not totally fixed as I posted yesterday evening.

Things are working properly for me until I click on "MY MESSAGES" on upper left.  Then, (a) I get the broken menus I had before yesterday's fix and (b) I get switched to being on a "secure page", which usually only happens when I go to my account info.

If I exit WGT entire and sign back in, then the correct menus come back.  But, it is a nuisance.

Tom.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 2:17 PM

Apparently switching to a secure page brings the menu issue into play. Clicking on your Account gets the same problem as clicking on Messages.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 3:12 PM

I had the same issue Bjorn,reported 2or3days ago. They thanked me,apparently didn't know about it ,said they would investigate and work on it. They're really dealing with ALOT of stuff!

• FLYERBT
    171 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 3:20 PM

Cleared cache. That worked for most of the menu problems except I get the same menu problem as YankeeJim above.

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 4:43 PM

YankeeJim:

bigjohndough:

how do you stop getting emails from this thread? thanks. 

At the bottom of the posting box...........edit your post and uncheck it.  :-)

Another solution is to have WGT-registered email be different than the one you normally use.  Then your regular email won't be cluttered up.  To change that, go to account and follow prompts.

I go into that box periodically and delete 1000 messages at a time.

The only time I pay attention to it is when I have a problem pending with WGT and that is where they will respond.  Otherwise, I am perfectly able to keep track of things I care about inside WGT.

Tom.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 4:46 PM

Lol ... whoulda thunk it? I cleared my browsing history, caches, ran CCleaner and now everything works right. Problems solved ... and to think it was the last thing I thought of when I know the first thing you're supposed to do after an update is clear all the junk.

Except for the messed up menu when you're on a secure page ... but that's not a problem ...

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 4:52 PM

donsprintr:

Lol ... whoulda thunk it? I cleared my browsing history, caches, ran CCleaner and now everything works right. Problems solved ... and to think it was the last thing I thought of when I know the first thing you're supposed to do after an update is clear all the junk.

Glad it worked for you and others.

A double-edged sword for me.  It has not cleared up WGT problems (menus, profile, etc) but now EVERYTHING is lost from cache and all my pages load very slow.

Oh well, some day it will be right - until the next "fix"!

;~)

RSS