Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 8/27/19 ***

Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (305 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 4:55 PM

DoctorLarry:

donsprintr:

Lol ... whoulda thunk it? I cleared my browsing history, caches, ran CCleaner and now everything works right. Problems solved ... and to think it was the last thing I thought of when I know the first thing you're supposed to do after an update is clear all the junk.

Glad it worked for you and others.

A double-edged sword for me.  It has not cleared up WGT problems (menus, profile, etc) but now EVERYTHING is lost from cache and all my pages load very slow.

Oh well, some day it will be right - until the next "fix"!

;~)

Ouch

• derjohvan
    1,136 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 6:30 PM

Know most here has been bitching about the problems. Cudos for bringing Oakmont back.

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 7:55 PM

donsprintr:

Lol ... whoulda thunk it? I cleared my browsing history, caches, ran CCleaner and now everything works right. Problems solved ... and to think it was the last thing I thought of when I know the first thing you're supposed to do after an update is clear all the junk.

Except for the messed up menu when you're on a secure page ... but that's not a problem ...

I wouldn't of thunk it, but I did it. Cleared it right up! Thanks Don

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 2:55 AM

Still problems when in my account, menus bundled together, blocked players.The only blocked player is still me lol! Still not whining, just reporting.

Bjorn

• Gepetto1958
    4,220 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 3:17 AM

Bowl64:

Still problems when in my account, menus bundled together, blocked players.The only blocked player is still me lol! Still not whining, just reporting.

Bjorn

Same here and the worst is that you can not unlock yourself lol.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 5:19 AM

Pretty sure our block lists are still intact, it's just the visuals that are borked.

If I type in a name that was on my previously viewable list, I get a message telling me that that person is already on my block list.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 9:06 AM

Ok Scott :))

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 11:15 AM

jimshaw39:

donsprintr:

Except for the messed up menu when you're on a secure page ... but that's not a problem ...

I wouldn't of thunk it, but I did it. Cleared it right up! Thanks Don

well duh X2 .. why did I have to come here to figure that out ... thanks :P

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 6:58 PM

jacktrade51:
    Things are working properly for me until I click on "MY MESSAGES" on upper left.  Then, (a) I get the broken menus I had before yesterday's fix and (b) I get switched to being on a "secure page", which usually only happens when I go to my account info.

This appears to have been fixed.  Now if I go to messages, I only get flipped to secure page.  But the correct menu bar is intact.  That's good enough for me.

As for comment above who said not enough appreciation for Oakmont back … I and most of my club are thrilled.

I remember 3 years ago complaining over 20 times in WGT forums on the subject.  It was not the course I could score lowest on, but it was my favorite course.

But the disaster WGT created, and remember I did not have access to Oakmont for over 48 hours after the update, sort of superseded that.

However, I am thrilled Oakmont is back.  And TY WGT for getting it back.

Tom.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2019 7:18 AM

YankeeJim:

Apparently switching to a secure page brings the menu issue into play. Clicking on your Account gets the same problem as clicking on Messages.

i still have this issue, clearing my cache has not helped me yet :)

RSS