Forums

Help › Forums

New Gaming Mouse

Fri, Jul 1 2016 8:33 AM (33 replies)
  • ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 4:55 PM

Thanks again for the settings information, Soulcatcher.  Matched my settings to those you posted and had good results on my last round.  Hit 100% fairways and only missed one green.  Too bad I can't read the greens very good:(

I appreciate your help, SC

Regards,

CD

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 5:56 PM

:)

• nitroboats
    85 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 7:06 PM

I have a dell comp and mouse. Went to controll panel  no place to adjust or check your setting. Was hoping to fix lag when click mouse button and when it takes affect. Does anyone have any answers.  Thanks Nitoboats.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 8:34 AM

Those settings Soulcatcher laid out are for specific gaming devices, they don't come with your basic mouse. 

Is yours wireless?

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:01 AM

logitech wireless trackball

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:54 AM

Erm, has does that help nitro?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 10:34 AM

I was at my whits end with not being able to hit ding and always thought it was my timing being off, and not the mouse. I couldn't have been more wrong all this time. It turns out a better mouse makes all the difference in hitting dinged shots.

I just purchased the Logitech M310 wireless mouse for $25. My dinged shots has increased at least 30%. I'm now dinging more than 50% of my shots.

This is a quality full size mouse and has just the basic functions. Left/right click, and the scroll wheel. Its very responsive and took some getting used to.

There's no driver, so nothing to download. Just plug-in the tiny USB plug, restart the computer, and start playing.

One of the cool features it has is a sleep mode, making the single AA battery last up to 12 months.

This new mouse may very well help me add those extra couple of birdies I used to miss all the time.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:19 PM

Sorry to diverse the thread a bit but I got this issue.

I have injured my right hand wrist by using a regular Logitech mouse. Repetitive clicking did the trick together with 3D Studio Max.

I have seen in the net "vertical" mouses, more ergonomic where the position of the hand is natural and not twisted when holding the mouse (better if you look for "vertical mouse" in the net).

As I have learned using the mouse with my left hand, it is starting to be a problem now with my left hand wrist :-( . I can buy an expensive "vertical" mouse but I wonder if that would have any effect on my game; finding the ding.

As anybody experience with any kind of "vertical" mouse? or any more ergonomic mouse?

Though about buying the Logitech gamer mouse, but after reading some of earlier post I decided it is not to do it....yet.

Eric

• TGor
    313 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:50 PM

I just installed the Logitech G500 and setpoint software 3 days ago. I set the polling rate to 1000 (default was 400). Then I turned off all them buttons I won't use out here golfing and burned it to the mouse. Saved as a new profile.

I gotta tell ya. I've never dinged so many shots in a single round as I do now. But you'll probably have to play around with it to see what works best for you. Good luck.

Tony

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:06 PM

n1 soul..never knew that..cheers Andy.

RSS