Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:10 PM

LOLserver:
    As I have learned using the mouse with my left hand,
    RESPECT..can't play the game that well with my 'good' hand...Andy

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:21 AM

Gracias Andy.

Anyone using a "vertical" mouse to give me a hint??

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:00 PM

dont know what you mean about a vertical mouse.

i have a logitec trac ball, all you move is your thumb and fingers

once you get used to it a regular mouse $ucksrocks

its spendy but i have used mine daily for 3 yrs, 6 batteries killed

you can pop the ball out to clean under it (allot with cats)

i dropped my ball in the garage, took 45 min to find it.

50 at best buy, might be cheaper online somewhere

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:51 PM

gsoup:

dont know what you mean about a vertical mouse.

i have a logitec trac ball, all you move is your thumb and fingers

once you get used to it a regular mouse $ucksrocks

its spendy but i have used mine daily for 3 yrs, 6 batteries killed

you can pop the ball out to clean under it (allot with cats)

i dropped my ball in the garage, took 45 min to find it.

50 at best buy, might be cheaper online somewhere

Here is a vertical mouse

http://www.addedbytes.com/blog/vertical-mouse/

Ergonomic, made mainly to cad or drawing/design programs, but I think it would be good for my wrist problem.

Hope someone reading this forums uses one & give an advice.

Eric 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 6:40 PM

Take a look at the trackball mentioned above. The only thing you move is your thumb. There are mouse pads that have a raised front that supports your wrist and pretty much allows it to lay straight instead of at the slight angle no support does. Your hand lies in a normal, natural state and it's quite comfortable over long periods of time. That vertical one looks like you have to move the whole mouse where with the trackball you only move the ball.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:17 PM

just looked at where lolserver lives, guess they cant wander down to the nearest bestbuy, maybe.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 7:15 AM

YankeeJim:

Take a look at the trackball mentioned above. The only thing you move is your thumb. There are mouse pads that have a raised front that supports your wrist and pretty much allows it to lay straight instead of at the slight angle no support does. Your hand lies in a normal, natural state and it's quite comfortable over long periods of time. That vertical one looks like you have to move the whole mouse where with the trackball you only move the ball.

As I want to use the mouse for both design & wgt, I see no problem "moving my arm together with the mouse", shall I get both??, maybe, although a bit expensive the project, only because I want to ply wgt "dinging" often.

Are you using that mouse yourself Jim?

gsoup:

just looked at where lolserver lives, guess they cant wander down to the nearest bestbuy, maybe.

I can order them via internet, besides I'm a good swimmer, we do that often when the airplain that delivers goods misses .....the target.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:00 PM

LOLserver:

I did when I was on a PC and it was a hand saver. My wrists and thumbs, particularly on the right (mouse) hand are really suffering from the Nintendo days and the fact that I do a lot of intricate filing making countertops and cabinets every day. That mouse/pad combo eliminated a huge amount of the sharp pain you get when you move your wrist or thumb wrong. I don't now because it's too bulky to drag around with the laptop so I use a conventional mouse and those shooting pains are back once in a while.

What I liked about using the trackball is the hand movement is virtually reduced to slight thumb moves and index finger clicking. The entire arm stays motionless. LOL-shake it once in a while to wake it up.  ;-)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 10:48 AM

YankeeJim:

LOLserver:

I did when I was on a PC and it was a hand saver. My wrists and thumbs, particularly on the right (mouse) hand are really suffering from the Nintendo days and the fact that I do a lot of intricate filing making countertops and cabinets every day. That mouse/pad combo eliminated a huge amount of the sharp pain you get when you move your wrist or thumb wrong. I don't now because it's too bulky to drag around with the laptop so I use a conventional mouse and those shooting pains are back once in a while.

What I liked about using the trackball is the hand movement is virtually reduced to slight thumb moves and index finger clicking. The entire arm stays motionless. LOL-shake it once in a while to wake it up.  ;-)

Thanks for the info Jim. 

I'm done with my left wrist now...it hurts & I should not push it to the point of injured so much as I did with my right wrist.

I'll try first with the un-wired version "vertical" mouse I did post a pic above (hand & arm lie more straight up than the gamer mouse). I will post something, if it worth the info.

Cheers mate

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 5:29 PM

gsoup:

logitech wireless trackball

Never been a trackball fan ever.

This is the mouse I got and it is perfect. I have had it since September 2007. Still runs and works fine. Looks a little worn. Also, mine is orange color.

http://pcperipherals.saitek.com/prod/gm3200.html

RSS