Forums

Help › Forums

New Gaming Mouse

Fri, Jul 1 2016 8:33 AM (33 replies)
  • ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 3:11 AM

Hey-

I installed a new gaming mouse and now I can't hit my butt with both hands.  Previously, I was fairly consistently hitting the ding.  But now with the Logitech G500 mouse, its wicked wild.  I read somewhere in the Forums that this was a good mouse.  

Any help?

Best Regards,

CD

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 3:26 AM

ChronicDiarrhea:

Hey-

I installed a new gaming mouse and now I can't hit my butt with both hands.  Previously, I was fairly consistently hitting the ding.  But now with the Logitech G500 mouse, its wicked wild.  I read somewhere in the Forums that this was a good mouse.  

Any help?

Best Regards,

CD

I just changed from a wireless mouse to a wired one and the same is happening to me. I figure it is just a matter of retraining your trigger finger to accommodate the new mouse. I grab a short iron and the free balls and hit my way around 9 holes a couple of times. It is starting to become a bit more consistent.

• ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 3:38 AM

Man-

Oh yeah, I know what you mean about the wireless mouse.  For me, that was an evil spirit that left the building about a year ago.  It was like I was playing the game blindfolded.  Any way, I will take your advise and hit a bucket of "practice balls."  Thanks!

Regards,

CD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 5:13 AM

Take a look at your mouse settings in the Control Panel, too. You can adjust the sensitivity of it.

• ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 5:28 AM

YankeeJim:

Take a look at your mouse settings in the Control Panel, too. You can adjust the sensitivity of it.

Thanks YJ!

Any suggestions as far as what is the best settings?

Regards,

CD

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 5:37 AM

It really depends on your computer specs.

I have my G500 set to a polling rate of 125. My laptop is fairly lowend so the lower reporting rate actually gives me better response time.

Really you just have to play around with the settings to see what suits you best.

Here are my settings.

Happy hitting

Edit*  Use the logitec utility that came with the mouse, not the windows utility.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:10 AM

Tx, Soul. Good answer.

• ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 2:33 PM

Thanks Soul, I will try this and let you know.  When I get home I will check but I think my polling rate is set at or near the top of the range.

Regards,

CD

• golfentwilly
    158 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 3:04 PM

I plugged in a Microsoft mouse to replace broken stock mouse...It slowed the meter down to usable speed.Settings are on fast

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 3:45 PM

I use a Logitech M510 wireless mouse, it works great.  I can't tell any difference between it and my wired mouse. Remember your mileage may vary.

1goodgolfer

RSS