Forums

Help › Forums

A Humble Request to WGT

Fri, Mar 15 2019 4:43 AM (96 replies)
  • Wooooopss
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 9:58 AM

Been With BWs for too long to remember - Sort of crazy how much time, effort and treasure this guy puts toward his club. He make WGT a better place for everyone - not just his club.

Any appreciation of his efforts from WGT would be the right thing to do - for sure...Roger

• Leggoman13
    8,265 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 10:10 AM

I toltally agree with you Alanti.

I also wrote this message in the GOGF forum.  

If we get 40 members to give 10,000 cr.  we have the Gold Putter for Casey.

Less if wgt jumps in.

I have pledged the first donation of 10,000 cr.  toward gifting a Gold Putter to Casey in the Gift Of Golf Foundation.

cheers :o)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leggoman13

4,627 Posts

03-06-2019 11:10 PM

Glad all is resolved. And that you are moving on with GOGF.

I am with you Casey and admire your hard work and dedication to the community, your Country Club, the members in your CC, your wgt friends.

All that topped with a  huge humble generous heart you have.

You are a good person and wish you could get that Gold Putter someday, and that is why I am willing to get the ball rolling and try to gather enough credits to get you that Gold Putter and wishing for WGT to jump onboard with us to show you all of our appreciation for running GOGF and making it a success for long. Now that is dedication.

I am throwing in the hat 10,000 credits toward getting you that Gold Putter so you be recipient soon and for you to be finally recognised.

Good luck Casey.

cheers 

Pierre :o)

• chipmik1
    1,939 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 10:35 AM

In my 72 years on this earth I have to say Casey is one of the most kind,generous,and loyal persons I have encountered..I've been a Bushwacker for over 3 years and I'm still amazed at how many players he helps on WGT day in and day out..

This gold putter would be a great start towards recognizing his efforts for all...

Regards, Chip   

• mikegooner0
    13,860 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 10:45 AM

its a no brainer....nobody does it better...Casey is the Man.

Good luck Chief..

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 11:17 AM

I just had a thought. The golden putter is one thing but how about a gift that keeps on giving?? Award Casey a lifetime supply of his favorite ball. Never having to buy another sleeve of balls would be priceless!

• akatiger74
    4,724 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 11:26 AM

A true gent and no one more deserving...we see the love Casey has for our club and everyone on WGT day in day out...a truly special person indeed and an inspiration...

We love you Chief!!!

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 11:50 AM

Leggoman13:
    If we get 40 members to give 10,000 cr.  we have the Gold Putter for Casey.

Thank you Pierre , That's a very kind offer , However I think that buying the putter is NOT an option ,  I could help a lot of WGTers with that kind of money . 

Thanks for all your kind words , It means the world to me . If I don't get the putter , I will have this thread to remind me of all the support and gratitude of you good people . One of my proudest moments was when I received the 19th hole accolade ,  And I display it on my profile page with pride . 

I haven't missed a day in almost 4 years ,  I guess you can say this is my second home . I have met a lot of friends here and I wouldn't change that for anything . WGT has always been good to me , CS and the MODS have always helped me and treated me with respect . Even when I am a pain in their butt .

What ever happens , I am a winner . The kindness and respect you guys have is my inspiration .

Casey

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 12:13 PM

CEverett12:
    However I think that buying the putter is NOT an option ,  I could help a lot of WGTers with that kind of money . 

This is Casey as I have seen through the GOGF!   While I would wholeheartedly support a gold putter for him, I would also support a generous donation from WGT to the GOGF.  

If not, we just need all those in support of this idea to help with the GOGF now and then.  It is a winner in my book. - as is Casey.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 12:19 PM

Kudos on your work Casey ---

while I am a bit late to the party honoring you... if WGT does not come around... there may be another option... with a little brainstorming... a couple thoughts....

Either one of the top clash clubs could make an honorary gift as it has no real value to them, possibly... 

or

in WGT fashion... an alternative is explored... and in doing so, a strong contingent of those supporting the endeavor.  create a "clash for Casey" club that then sets about to simply win one for you!   surely it would be far less expensive to win one than try and gather funds to purchase one...

the problem is... the "clash clubs" could see it as a threat, but if they were truly brought on board and limited their play in the spirit of helping reach this goal, maybe the WGT community could work together to accomplish this.

One possible advantage... if WGT realizes such actions would take place, and the big clash clubs are going to stand down and NOT purchase endless CC passes... it would likely save them money if they simply awarded the putter or include you in what was previously described as the honorary WGT hall of fame that has yet to manifest.  

Just a couple thoughts or ideas... Regardless kudos on all your work ...

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 12:48 PM

DoctorLarry:
    f not, we just need all those in support of this idea to help with the GOGF now and then.

Hey DL,

A lot of us are already doing that in this thread-

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/485844.aspx?PageIndex=62

Opy started it by donating 1,000 credits to the GoGF and a few of us are all matching his gift.

Head on over to the thread mentioned above if you care to join us.

MC

RSS