Fri, Mar 15 2019 4:43 AM (96 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 5:15 AM

I agree as well. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 5:27 AM

WOW , Just wow .  This one brought a tear to my eye . I am speechless. I really don't know what to say .  You guys and this thread is the biggest prize . I am honored to be recognized in this community , Ya'll  are the best .

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 5:28 AM

If there ever was a person more deserving its Casey . Always kind and giving to help others from the goodness of his heart . A truly great example to be respected and looked up to . Dont blow this one WGT not this time .

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 6:11 AM

+100000000000

I have not yet had the privilege of meeting or playing with Casey, but it has been obvious to me from the start what a class act Casey is, and how much he does to help others enjoy the game. If not the putter, he should be on the payroll. 

Brett

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 6:42 AM

I have been with a few CCs in my almost 7 years on wgt and most recently with the Bushwackers. There is no question that Casey is the most generous owner I have encountered...His constant checking on people to see if they are ok for equipment is truly inspiring. When someone posts a need for balls or clubs, he is invariably the first to respond.

He took this magnanimous view to the wgt forum in the guise of GOGF. Now all who read the forum can see first hand the class and selflessness with which he conducts himself. 

I endorse Casey in the strongest terms to be gifted the one thing he has asked for...the gold putter.

ct

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 6:53 AM

Couldn't agree more Alan.

MC

• BNSinram
    484 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 6:54 AM

I agree, ther is no one more deserving.

Brian

• doggreen28
    540 Posts

I've been a Bushwacker for more than 3 years now. If anyone deserves a gold putter, it's Casey. The time, effort and resources he spends to take care of his members is massive, and it's constant. And it's not only the Bushwackers that he wants to help. It's also the entire WGT community. The man truly does care about the well being of others and we need more of that in this world and in WGT. I'm glad to see my Chief getting this type of recognition because it's very well deserved.

Derek

• wleiss
    6,267 Posts

alanti:
    My request to WGT is Casey is awarded the Golden Putter in recognition of his incredible generosity to the community.

That is a great idea alanti, and I would support it wholeheartedly except: Casey has become more than proficient with the Sabertooth he has, and since he does play an enormous amount of golf with, and often against his club members, I feel that a golden putter would give Mr. Everett an advantage that would generate a lot of envy and ill will toward him. I suppose we could put a motion before the board of directors stating that Casey could only use the golden putter in non-club competition, but of course Casey has veto power that can't be overridden, so I don't know how far that motion would get. Maybe a lifetime supply of pretty good golf balls, (but not better than the ones I play), would be less likely to create problems down the road.

But all kidding aside, I think it would be great for WGT to do that for Casey. He's done a lot for them, whether they know it or not. He really does work hard. Not just for his club, but for all of WGT. He genuinely cares for the welfare of others, and backs that care up with his words and his actions. He has my vote. 

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 7:09 AM

Thank You in advance, Mr. WGT.

I know that CEverett12(Casey) has been my role model from the first time he reached out to me with sound advice and a helping hand, and I'm not a Bushwhacker.

I have often said and told him personally, that if I were to ever start a C.C., I would model it after the Bushwhackers and ask him to be my mentor.

Rarely, do we find an individual that takes service to his fellow man, so unselfishly. 

So, if you don't mind,as a Humanitarian Award,on the level of the Pulitzer Prize Award from WGT. Please award CEverett12 a Golden Putter.

Sincerely

Siders Best

RSS