Forums

Help › Forums

Clash numbers (Question)

Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:02 AM (89 replies)
  • Nancy1959
    7,065 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 10:53 AM

CEverett12:

It was posted the G has 200 + members playing 20-50 rounds each . 

They say it would take 1 million points to beat them , Yet they posted 164,000 in the last event .

They said to bring deep pockets or you wont have a chance , Then they said we hardly spent anything ,  Is the misinformation deliberate ?  I don't know .

Okay, let me try to clarify some of this.  I'm not sure who posted that we have 200+ members playing 20-30 rounds each, but that's just not true.  We have over 200 participating in every clash, but there are many who are only playing 1-5 rounds. Certainly, it's nothing for the heavy hitters in our CC to produce 125-150 rounds in a Clash as we have done so many times in the past.  We have not been doing that in a long time, because we haven't needed to do so.  Those typically playing 1-5 rounds would obviously play much more than that if we had any competition!

But we have stepped off the gas quite a bit because it's not necessary to win by such a large margin.  Typically, we have done what it takes to win by 50,000 to 80,000 and that's it.  That is why, for example, you saw only 164,000 points in the last Clash from us.  Why work to get more when we weren't getting anything close to competition from any CC?  So yes, as a result, we have hardly spent anything.  I actually think we shouldn't try to win by any more than 20,000 points and save more time and money. But if we did have competition, we have a lot of members who would pull out all the stops to play around the clock.  That is why I wrote that we would get 1 million points if we needed to do so. That would actually not be incredibly difficult to achieve with the new scoring system used this past Clash.

Our sponsorship program is already in place to use if we ever need to do so in a moments notice.  But there has been no need to spend all that money until we need to do so to win.  This is why I said that you need to adjust your math in figuring out what it would take to beat our CC.  If you base your figures on us getting 164,000 like we got in the last Clash, that is where you would err.  We got 164,000 when we didn't even need to get 100,000 to win.

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 11:18 AM

i wonder how the golden putters are holding up in Finnys world cup lol

cheers      mark.

• ABC117
    117 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 11:18 AM
    Thx for the clarification. So basically you’re saying I can’t get a Gold Putter unless I join the G, clash for years and then only maybe I have a chance? Bummer.
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 12:08 PM

Nancy1959:
    Our sponsorship program is already in place to use if we ever need to do so in a moments notice.  But there has been no need to spend all that money until we need to do so to win.  This is why I said that you need to adjust your math in figuring out what it would take to beat our CC.

Ok Nancy , Fair enough . 

I'm not bashing the G and I mean you no disrespect . I don't blame you guys for winning .

My question was what would it take to win a clash ? ,  Your answer is basically , It cant be done because we will do better than anyone who tries to beat us .  You might be right .  

• callaghan159
    6,224 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:22 PM

muncher27:
    a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone

I was a member there also---3 times--and the in house fighting over the GP was unbelievable. When I was there I seen a few players put up 10,000 points but never more than 1 in the same clash. Agree with the statement that once a member gets a GP the contribution seems to go down and some just stop playing altogether, Heck some have even left the club once they get their GP.

• Nancy1959
    7,065 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:37 PM

CEverett12:

Ok Nancy , Fair enough . 

I'm not bashing the G and I mean you no disrespect . I don't blame you guys for winning .

My question was what would it take to win a clash ? ,  Your answer is basically , It cant be done because we will do better than anyone who tries to beat us .  You might be right .  

Thanks.....no disrespect taken.  I'm not emphatically saying that no CC could ever beat The G in a clash.  Certainly, mathematically it is possible.  There are certainly many CC's with better players from top to bottom than ours.  With all of the drama that we seem to have from time to time, it is most likely to happen if we have a large exodus of members, particularly a bunch of large Clash contributors. Otherwise, I do think that it would take at least a million points to beat us.  And if that happens, it would be even more difficult to do it again!    :)

• cowboytux
    304 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 2:48 PM

Here some simple math From a former G. say they average 60 points a game. for each player not counting superpasses. 60  x 3000 passes equals 180,000 points given a margin of error of 15 %. 3000 x 37 cents = 1,100 dollars in passes add to speed boost that many of them use 100 hits x 1.25 x 500 equals 625 dollars not counting balls add about 300 dollars. grand total is 2,025 dollars +/- 15 % . they play by the rules but they lower there average by setting up easy custom games to lower there average.And inflate there ego. that they are the best. I am glad I am know longer a member and never will be again. The putter doesn't make you a better person it's your action's on how you treat your fellow golfers.

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 3:45 PM

Nancy1959:
    .  There are certainly many CC's with better players from top to bottom than ours.  With all of the drama that we seem to have from time to time, it is most likely to happen if we have a large exodus of members

This sounds like one of the more honest statements you have made rather than glossing over some of the turmoil and what came across as exaggerated statements. I can respect the efforts put forth by the G to win clashes, I think where I began to get a potentially poor impression was overstated claims that I felt you had to know were not fair or honest statements of the G or potential of other clubs.  

I am sorry if any of my past comments or post were received critical or negatively.  I know I have suggested even with all of The G strengths if some of that same energy were directed towards some of the internal conflict that arises and working with your peers in the larger WGT community you could garner more respect.  This is just my impression though.  

• Nancy1959
    7,065 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 4:02 PM

el3n1:
    I am sorry if any of my past comments or post were received critical or negatively.  I know I have suggested even with all of The G strengths if some of that same energy were directed towards some of the internal conflict that arises and working with your peers in the larger WGT community you could garner more respect.  This is just my impression though.  

No, I understand how you feel that way.  As far as directing energy to stop the negativity of a few that can often breed conflict and drama, I have tried to do so but very unsuccessfully.  And so I am just going to ignore it from now on.  I think that a big part of the reason that this is allowed is that our owner actually likes it, LOL!   :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "working with your peers in the larger WGT community".....can explain that suggestion?

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 4:30 PM

Nancy1959:
    "working with your peers in the larger WGT community".....can explain that suggestion?

This is just my observation, from posts, discussion, etc...unfortunately some of the discussion may be geared to leave you feeling set apart and that gives off the impression that The G seemingly doesn't work more with it's peers...I also don't know things that can go on behind the scenes...some of The G members may in fact help or sponsor some of the gifts offered by the "gift of golf foundation" initiated by the The Bushwackers, which in my opinion is a great way of helping support the WGT community.  

Other things have also arisen at times, but the impression given off for the most part is The G is all about The G and we can do anything we have to in order to win the Clash.  I have tried to understand and appreciate where that effort and motivation comes from.

I admire your tenacity but it comes across to many others as such a waste of valuable resources.  As you have pointed out, you can win the Clashes without needing to try.  But, maybe doing something to help offset the negative image that The G has also picked up to some extent despite the fact that we know there are a lot of great people there would show your community of peers that you are more than just about winning clashes.  I am not exactly sure what that would look like or entail or if just co sponsoring or helping the efforts of the Bushwashers Gift of Golf would help or just brainstorming with some of your peers possibly a new idea that The G could take the lead on.

That said, I highly suspect you could both improve the image of The G while also still going for the  Clash win on a regular basis. 

I genuinely appreciate your follow up!  While I have felt we sometimes viewed things differently, I have always felt you were a thoughtful and considerate individual.   

RSS