Forums

Help › Forums

Clash numbers (Question)

Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:02 AM (89 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:59 AM

The last CC to beat The Georgian in a Clash Event was Majestic Mountain.  Just ask them what it took to get the job done.  I guarantee they'll tell you organization, preparation, dedication, and an outlay of cash.  And for what...a virtual putter than even Mags has tried and debunked its worth?

I was a member of The Georgian and have many friends over there.  For whatever reason they feel winning the Clash makes them the #1 CC on WGT.  They're all under some sort of  "WGT spell"...brainwashed...cultish...duped.  They actually believe that putter is worth 400,000 credits and their members will sacrifice 48hrs of their lives every 2 weeks in order to win another one,  One day, when they all realize a game's meaningless competition "controlled" their lives, I'm sure they'll see the dubiousness of their bi-monthly pursuits. At least that's my hope.

As for challenging them to an actual CC vs. CC match...good luck as they're not geared that way.  Not many over there are winning RGs on a regular basis with the exception of one member...who happens to be a very good dude btw. 

And as Dazza said about Wooden Tee's take on the Clash events...they're simply not worth the effort.  We hit them a bit to win a few Course Builders to take advantage of the XP glitch while working towards CC Level 19.  Now that we get 5 free Course Builders per month for reaching that CC level, we've backed off playing in them.  We focus our efforts in other areas where we see more value and more true/valid competition.

All of the above is why I created this some years back...

Sue has done an excellent job recruiting members who love the Clashes.  Unfortunately it brings this to mind every time another Clash Event starts...

• Chuck0312
    38 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 7:16 AM

Generally speaking most of your members that I have played are very courteous and perform at the highest level. But let’s be clear about our old club and the particular clash that you speak of.  During any given round during that particular one, we maybe had 40 to 60 players participating, when we came up against your club we bumped our numbers up to 84 and your club had over 120 players  participating. I’m sure you remember the outcome of that head to head match up. There was only one round where you caught us and actually passed us because of time zone constraints for some of our players,  we were beating you or were coming very close in points in every other matchup we had. Considering the actual numbers of people playing, if we were able to actually put a full team together during those days I think we both understand that you probably would have lost but that is neither here nor there. It gives some of us a slight degree of satisfaction that you still bring that up after nearly a year.

Anytime your club would like to go against us in a head-to-head matchup we would be more than happy to accommodate you.

I would like to wish you continued success in your one team competition, enjoy your gold putters.

VMFGFL

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 7:44 AM

I think what it all comes down to is priorities in the Club. Clashes are not a priority with my club. Personally I wish they would get rid of it.

Between WGT Tournaments and Club Tournaments we have more than enough to challenge us without Clashes.

If and when they increase the prizes, I might change my mind.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:09 AM

@pmm711 I haven't been around nearly as long as you, but those are pretty much my observations in just over a year on WGT.  the youtube video is classic... and I wouldn't hold my breath for them to accept a head to head match up...

when I looked over their stats I noticed the one player whom I believe you reference and could hold his own against some of the best on WGT actually ranks something like 10th on scoring average for their club...what does that say to me?  A lot of them focus on playing easy tee setups to absurdly lower their average when they would never on their best day even come close to shooting those scores in a WGT event.  they know they are not the best players, but they are just more willing to walk into a wall than the rest of us and tell themselves it is worth something...

I have no doubt they could also be beaten, but the reality is...the rest of the people are smart enough and rational minded enough to know it is meaningless and truly worthless to throw credits away that can be spent on far more beneficial things ...

Take the gift of golf program sponsored by the Bushwackers...that program is genuinely helping people across WGT not just within their own club.  I have far more respect and admiration for what they are doing to help the game and players who may not have access to credits or the videos that so many can take advantage of... 

Or take what Jason (Young46) did to try and help Andrew (Lizard69) when he worked to raise funds for his medical procedure.  People on WGT came together even members like Fmag's and Jay were there donating their credits and time to play in a round during that event.  Those are the type of things that allow me to see this community can come together...and they have earned my respect and admiration...  So, far despite there being a lot of good people in their club...I haven't seen or heard of The G...doing anything like these things for the larger WGT community.  Aside from beating their own chest and trying to act like winning a clash means something.  Quantity is not Quality, sorry.   

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:12 AM

DonCaron:
    Between WGT Tournaments and Club Tournaments we have more than enough to challenge us without Clashes.

Don, "Challenge" is a key word here.  The Clash is not a competitive challenge...it is a mere numbers event.  If the clash events were competitive challenges then I doubt The Georgian would ever win another one.  If WGT would even the playing field by allowing only so many CC & Super passes to be used per Clash, then the better team would win.  The way these are today, a cash cow for WGT, then The Georgian will continue to be "prey" for WGT/TopGolf and the better teams will continue to be non-participants. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:50 AM

pmm711:
    I was a member of The Georgian and have many friends over there.  For whatever reason they feel winning the Clash makes them the #1 CC on WGT.  They're all under some sort of  "WGT spell"...brainwashed...cultish...duped.  They actually believe that putter is worth 400,000 credits and their members will sacrifice 48hrs of their lives every 2 weeks in order to win another one,  One day, when they all realize a game's meaningless competition "controlled" their lives, I'm sure they'll see the dubiousness of their bi-monthly pursuits. At least that's my hope.

well said !  I agree.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:51 AM

el3n1:
    Take the gift of golf program sponsored by the Bushwackers...that program is genuinely helping people across WGT not just within their own club.  I have far more respect and admiration for what they are doing to help the game and players who may not have access to credits or the videos that so many can take advantage of... 

Thank you sir .

• wleiss
    6,264 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:59 AM

muncher27:
    as for taking them on with 40 or so players just for one clash, believe me your going need a lot more than that and a lot more than a thousand credits, 
    It's like Rick thinking he could take on the Saviors with just the original group from the farm. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 9:46 AM

I never did get a straight answer to my question , Many conflicting reports .

It was posted 40 members could do it with 100 rounds each .

80 members with 50 rounds .

It was posted the G has 200 + members playing 20-50 rounds each . 

They say it would take 1 million points to beat them , Yet they posted 164,000 in the last event .

They said to bring deep pockets or you wont have a chance , Then they said we hardly spent anything ,  Is the misinformation deliberate ?  I don't know .  How many passes did they buy ? I guess only WGT knows that and they are not telling us .  So I can only guess . 

The only real winner here is WGT , Marketing the clash as a club effort and team spirit is very smart on their part and many people are caught up in the hype . 

I have come to a conclusion .  Asking 200 members to play 30,40 or 50 rounds and buy god knows how many passes , For ONE prize , In my opinion is ludicrous .  

Our resources are best used elsewhere , Thanks again .

Ceverett12 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 10:36 AM

your welcome and a compliment is the least I can do...

CEverett12:
    Marketing the clash as a club effort and team spirit is very smart on their part and many people are caught up in the hype . 

I have come across this and touched on it before...the technology/gaming industry is fully aware of this and specifically targets "emotive" type instinctual behaviors that can tap into addictive like behaviors...in broad strokes it is referred to as "brain hacking" but there are subtle aspects of it that are specifically geared to prompting a response from users playing the game to "make them feel" they are earning something of value which virtually has no value.  in some ways it is like the con game of playing shells ... they appear to be showing you something while removing the marble before they even start to move the shells around. 

some people also feel I have "never spent a dime on WGT" because they did surveys and clicked through videos for credits, but WGT is earning revenue off of them and all the time they spend going through those options. so while they are earning credits they are basically working for WGT for free.  Your time should have some value to you...but you are "earning" credits to buy equipment you can never take home with you and you will ultimately leave behind when you are done.  so you only have it while you play and you have to continue to buy balls to keep playing for the most part...

not just the clash but nearly all types of games are turning into this type of marketing model.  we just have to decide the extent we participate because many get some enjoyment out of the connections we make...

I have "bought" into it but I also try to manage the number of rounds I play, I only use good balls for certain tournaments and I try to play lower end balls to save cost/credits where I can to build XP... because you can go through hi end balls quite quickly sometimes and that is a lot of 2 credit videos to watch.  or it is for me...

my goal or hope is to get good enough that I can win credits in Ready Go tournaments and never have to watch another video, but that takes time and practice and a bit of luck sometimes.  

RSS