Forums

Help › Forums

Clash numbers (Question)

Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:02 AM (89 replies)
  • Nancy1959
    7,065 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 10:46 AM

el3n1:
    If the goal is simply working together as a team and winning the clash, the golden putter is really insignificant...so why not remove it from the picture....ask WGT to keep it or offer a more sensible prize that can help more of your members.  Seems to me that doing so would possibly go a long way towards resolving or avoiding any conflict that arises around the issue.  

The "golden putter" is a good putter, to be sure, but it's not some kind of "magic putter" as its stats might suggest to outsiders.  But it's not as much about the value of the putter in one's bag, and much more about the honor of being awarded one.

You see, when our owner selects a member to be awarded one, she takes a bunch of things into consideration regarding their contributions to our CC in a number of areas. It has become a badge of honor that gives one entrance to our mythical "Captains Lounge" in our make-believe clubhouse.  

With that has come (and it always seem to be the same couple of people) that occasionally create a stir when they don't agree with who our owner has selected. In my opinion, it is quite immature and I have little tolerance for it anymore.  Just be a good member and do it for a long period of time and it will come to you....I wish they would just do that instead.  Our owner puts up with it (I think she actually likes some drama) and as a result, we have lost some really good members who grew tired of it.

Regardless, that is just the way that I perceive it.  If you surveyed other members of our CC, they might have a totally different read on it.

But I think we are all in agreement that there should be much better prizes for top five finishers and this would bring healthy and fun competition into the Clashes (and would be good for WGT as a result too!).  I mean, why don't they have a "golden driver" or "golden irons"?  It wouldn't cost them anything to give one of those away every two weeks, too!

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 11:13 PM

By the way congrats on another clash win G. I would not bet against that gang and when the chips are down they will rally.

they can and have put up 30-40,000 points in a 4 hr. clash, many times  Even if you can keep up with them during the day in North America they will lap you while your sleeping. 

Its hard to find so many players that love to play in them as much as the G does. Playing for Pride is really something in that club and it becomes infectious. Nothing but good things to say about that group, 

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 11:50 PM

Have the Georgians ever considered to not play in a clash just once to see what happens?

(I know this is crazy talk)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 12:59 AM

Nancy1959:
     We come together as a team

Not a great choice of words for Clash 69.... ;-/

Get to it Nancy & Co...there's work to be done.

;-)      

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 3:54 AM

alcaucin:

Nancy1959:
     We come together as a team

Not a great choice of words for Clash 69.... ;-/

Get to it Nancy & Co...there's work to be done.

;-)      

My coffee is all over my screen LOL...........Just coffee in my case:)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 4:18 AM

Unfortunately, they read Nancy's post and they are looking for credits to make up for last time.

Someone else can have the pile of rocks as tee markers. I'm sitting this one out

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 5:10 AM

A lot of very good ideas and suggestions to make the Clash a bit more exciting and competitive BUT sad to say, they will fall on deaf ears. 

Running these clashes so close together 1 of 3 things come to mind.

1.) They are making sooo much fast cash that it has become too good NOT to run them as much as they can (which goes to show how easily people are persuaded to spend their hard earned money on ?????) OR

2.) They are grabbing as much money as they possible can because the PC / Flash platform is nearing its final stages and quickly I may add. 

3.) I'm completely dead wrong on 1 and 2 : < ) 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 5:22 AM

DonCaron:
    Someone else can have the pile of rocks as tee markers. I'm sitting this one out

I hear ya Don ,  I wont be sending out 50 passes .  Ill play a couple of rounds with my free passes.  What's the point ?  We all know who's going to win .

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 12:54 PM

Dont play in it if not interested.

I dont, some in club do and its up to them.

WGT will benefit financially from these credit churning events, i just wish they would use the income to enhance the sterile game.

Good events set by various clubs, including ours, makes the most of this said sterile site. Swapping around the best we can with what we have, until a new course in 2020.

Clubs bursting out red tees constanly, levelling up their members so fast so they can purchase equipment to stilll play from those tees aint for me, or any of our members, hence we usually out perform the majority of other clubs in Inter CC games, and certainly every one of the top 50 or so in the Clash tables.

Others top teams who will get to the latter stages of Finnys World Cup are the same, Clash aint for them either, but as said , let the credit spending short tee clubs financially support the rest of us and when we play the next new course in 2 years time then we can thank them for it.

Im sure the shareholders of Topgolf already do.

• muncher27
    416 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2018 4:54 AM

i have to report and probably swallow a little bit of humble pie on my comments, 

as an ex Georgian now with a newly formed club (LIMB) we have 4 ex georgians there, we entered clash69, 

not 1 player in our club pushed themselves we were hoping for top 500 just so we could get a course builder, but we ended up finnishing 12th with 60930, not bad i thought

but i now believe a team of 40 big hitters starting a new club could win the clash

i must add LIMB is not looking to gun down anyone (some of the comments im reading are laughable) all 4 of us have done are time in the G now its time to relax, chill and have some fun

#ITSJUSTAGAME

RSS