Forums

Help › Forums

Clash numbers (Question)

Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:02 AM (89 replies)
  • Nancy1959
    7,056 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 7:21 PM

CEverett12:
    Are you saying you guys spend 25 hundred dollars every two weeks to win the clash ?  5 Grand a month ?  If that's the case ,  No thanks .  You guys have at it ..

No, I am saying that we could do so if someone tried to mount a challenge to us.  So that's why I wrote earlier to "Go for it."

We haven't had to spend hardly anything, nor even try to play much in the past year to win by large margins, so there has been no reason to do what we have the resources to do in both time and money to beat any challengers.  And we have a sponsorship program in place to achieve this to buy passes for players who don't have many resources to buy their own CC passes that we will put in place if ever necessary.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 7:22 PM

The Clash has to be the greatest example of the saying

"A fool and their money are soon parted"

The player spends money and receives the chances to win.............nothing.

"The Emperors New Clothes" Springs to mind as far as the Clash goes.

However if paying money to receive a big pile of Zilch floats your boat then who am I to get in your way.

The minute I can see anything even slightly resembling a good time to be had playing clashes then I will be at the front of the line. Not holding my breath.  :-)

• muncher27
    416 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:12 AM

as a former member of the G i can say nothing is impossible and these comments are part the reason i left, 

1, i would question these 10000 points players, in my time there i only ever saw 1 player do it and hes with bunker busters now, im not blowing my own trumpet here but i used to average between 6000 and 8000 points, with no help from any other players

2, lesser players, can i ask who these are or who you referring to as id find that remark a little insulting if i was in the G still

3.1 million points in a clash, impossible that would mean a team of 238 players and each player scoring roughly 4500 and as stated the lesser players dont contribute as much again putting added pressure on the big sticks

4.most gp holders will not contribute to the clashes no more  some havent hit a ball in competition or in a clash since mid feb, lesser players get booted for less, again adding more pressure on the big hitters again

5. this is NOT a dig at the G or my friends that are still there but a statement of fact, as i said previously ive got nothing but praise for the players in that club except for a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone

• Aussiedodger
    19 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 2:08 AM

would be great to see a competition that was skill based to see who is the premier CC. At the moment its clashes and turf wars designed to find out who spends the most money and/or cheats the best.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 2:13 AM

Nancy1959:
    [...] CC passes that we will put in place if ever necessary.
    Curious: How far does "playing the free pass" bring you?

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 5:20 AM

Nancy1959:
    We haven't had to spend hardly anything,

That's hard to believe ,  I sent more than 50 passes to our members in the last clash , A little more than 2000 credits ,  I know that's not a lot but its reasonable . 

I got a message from a former member of the G and I was told , Be prepared to spend around 1 thousand dollars if you want to win a clash .

There is no way I can justify even spending half of that .  I was considering making a run at the G next month , However, after  reading this thread it seems that's not going to happen . 200 + members playing 2 days like lunatics ,  expecting each member to play 20 - 30 - 40  or more rounds  ,  Not to mention the drama that has ensued in our club forum . 

Perhaps a better way to challenge the G would be a CC vs. CC match  .  So consider this a formal challenge .

Thank you all for the information and the personal messages , I appreciate it . 

Good Luck to the G , It looks like you guys have a monopoly . 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:10 AM

We tried to work it out in the Wooden Tee what we'd need to do to get anywhere near the top in clashes with around 30-40 players playing and we come up with the conclusion that there wasn't enough hours in a day to get anywhere near it.

Nobody really wanted to spend credits on passes knowing that only 1 out of 40 players would get the putter. If the 400,000 credits that this putter is supposed to be worth was split evenly amongst the players that participated then it might be a different story.

A few of our members said if they really wanted the putter that much then they'd just buy it with the credits they already had. 1 of them already has bought it and Fmags got to test it for Wgt and he said there's not a great deal of difference between it and other top putters for 1% of the price.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:17 AM

Honestly, I would not put my members though it. Like CEverett said its not mandatory to play the clash, and never will be.

We still finished 28th, that's good enough for me.

I don't ask any of them to buy passes, I tell them use your freebie. I can't see anyone else putting in, even $25. For What!

• HalHoff
    815 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:29 AM

And you got the EXACT same prize finishing 28th as every member of the first place team...except one.

*** sorry, they get an extra pass or 2 over the top 100 clubs for the effort

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:33 AM
    Exactly. Kudo's to the Georgian for their commitment to the clash, but thats not for us.
RSS