Forums

Help › Forums

Clash numbers (Question)

Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:02 AM (89 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 6:37 AM

I'm just curious to see what it would take to win a clash ?  Are my numbers correct ?  

The G made 163,281 points in the last clash .

If you avg. 75 points per round , That's 2,177 rounds  

If you purchased 1500 passes that's 555 dollars 

I know you get one free pass every 4 hours during the event .

How many members in the G play in the clashes ?   75% ?  

How many passes do they buy ?

I know we don't have a chance to win one , But I was wondering what it would take ? 

Thanks .      Ceverett12

Note)  Is 75 points per round possible ?

If 100 members played 20 rounds each @ 75 pts per round = 150,000 pts 

If 100 members played 20 rounds each @ 50 pts per round = 100,000 pts 

75 members played 30 rounds each @ 75 pts per round = 168,750 pts 

75 members played 30 rounds each @ 50 pts per round = 112.500 pts 

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 7:41 AM

I say don't waste your money or time. Watching paint dry is more important than trying to win the GP

• CH33T4H
    99 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 11:14 AM

There were additional bonuses in this clash totalling 2300 per clash

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 1:33 PM

callaghan159:

I say don't waste your money or time. Watching paint dry is more important than trying to win the GP

I don't care about the GP .

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 2:06 PM

I'd say, 75 points per game is a reasonable first guess.

CEverett12:
    Not in this case.

During an Event, you get a new pass four hours after you used the last one. That is, if you played a few times in one Clash, buying passes, you'd have to wait till long into the next Clash to get another free one.

So, basically, if you are eager to play in the Clashes, you have to buy passes for most of your games, excluding the first one and the first one after night break or any other 4h+ break (assuming that you sleep and/or go to work during an Event).

For an analysis of G, you'd have to check out all their member profiles or become an intern and hope that they collect information AND share it.

For a rough calculation of necessitites, I'd seek a solution for the question, "how many players are needed for a certain number of points?"

Some have done this earlier, but the conditions have changed with all the extra points.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 2:11 PM

CEverett12:

Note)  Is 75 points per round possible ?

If 100 members played 20 rounds each @ 75 pts per round = 150,000 pts 

Under the old point system, 40 talented players would be more than enough. 2 groups of 20 play 5 clashes each and they all join forces in the 11th. 20 good players will net you from 1300 to 1500 points per clash without the super passes. That's 26000 per clash and cca 50000 in the last 1, so roughly 320000 points combined with the old 600 point bonuses.

I set the low number at 1300 per individual per clash, cause that's 15 rounds of -6 in 4 hours, which is extremely doable by good players. Then add some super passes on a par 5 course and you get 230-250 points per round.

Nobody could catch that.

CEverett12:

If you purchased 1500 passes that's 555 dollars 

As for the cost, each player would play cca 100 rounds, so roughly 3000 cr on a discounted rate (I think). 100 rounds also means 6 sleeves of balls, that could range from 1500 cr for L33 Callies (you'd need at least that to score well enough) to 4200 for L90 Nike black I'm using.

Now for the big question, is it doable? YES, of course it is. But I'd need to find 39 more people who can throw 7000 cr away on a whim, and take 2 days off life and work, just to prove a point. And to tell WGT they can stuff that golden putter somewhere, I couldn't use it anyway, way too much forgiveness for an off dinger like me.

I'd do it. Our CC has more than enough talent and credits to get it done, but they're not that insane, so I won't be twisting their hand. We prefer to use our surplus credits to help some of our members and by that I don't mean buying them worthless passes.

But yes, it's very much doable. Actually, if 39 good players are willing to try this and give G a shock of their lives, send me a message, we'll form a CC for 2 days only and then go back to our regular ones...

Edit: P.S.: With all the extra bonuses now, 30 people would probably be enough, but if there's 40 of us, we could take it a lil' easier that what I described above.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 4:07 PM

alosso:
    For an analysis of G, you'd have to check out all their member profiles or become an intern and hope that they collect information AND share it.

Not likely

alosso:
    For a rough calculation of necessitites, I'd seek a solution for the question, "how many players are needed for a certain number of points?"

Exactly what I'm trying to do .

Thank you alosso ..

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 4:18 PM

mkrizan86:
    Under the old point system, 40 talented players would be more than enough. 2 groups of 20 play 5 clashes each and they all join forces in the 11th. 20 good players will net you from 1300 to 1500 points per clash without the super passes. That's 26000 per clash and cca 50000 in the last 1, so roughly 320000 points combined with the old 600 point bonuses.

Not sure if the future clashes will be SOTW ?

mkrizan86:
    Now for the big question, is it doable? YES, of course it is. But I'd need to find 39 more people who can throw 7000 cr away on a whim, and take 2 days off life and work, just to prove a point. And to tell WGT they can stuff that golden putter somewhere, I couldn't use it anyway, way too much forgiveness for an off dinger like me.

So your calculations are for 39 players spending 7000 credits each ? @ 100 rds. ea.

mkrizan86:
    I'd do it. Our CC has more than enough talent and credits to get it done, but they're not that insane, so I won't be twisting their hand. We prefer to use our surplus credits to help some of our members and by that I don't mean buying them worthless passes.

Yes , I understand .

mkrizan86:
    But yes, it's very much doable. Actually, if 39 good players are willing to try this and give G a shock of their lives, send me a message, we'll form a CC for 2 days only and then go back to our regular ones...

Sounds like a good idea but to transfer ownership of a club is a pain in the butt ,  

• Geotre
    1,397 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 4:28 PM

Hi Mkrizan,

Please explain what you mean by this:

"I set the low number at 1300 per individual per clash, cause that's "15 rounds of -6 in 4 hours", which is extremely doable by good players. Then add some super passes on a par 5 course and you get 230-250 points per round."

I honestly do not know what you mean.

Appreciated.

George.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 4:06 AM

A quick check of the history of the 238 members of The Georgian shows that 235 played during the clash. That sure looks like almost 100% participation. (98..74%)  With this kind of dedication, they easily have the numbers to dominate this event. They also have members who freely purchase and either use or donate passes. 

There is no question that WGT makes money on the clashes. It is also possible that Anhuser-Busch makes just as much from these clashes because dedicated golfers need need a lot of bottled courage to compete in clashes.

Image result for picture of golfer having a beer

RSS