Clash numbers (Question)

Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:02 AM (89 replies)
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 4:17 AM

Geotre:

Hi Mkrizan,

Please explain what you mean by this:

"I set the low number at 1300 per individual per clash, cause that's "15 rounds of -6 in 4 hours", which is extremely doable by good players. Then add some super passes on a par 5 course and you get 230-250 points per round."

I honestly do not know what you mean.

Appreciated.

George.

In each 4 hour clash, 1 good (and resonably fast) player can play 15 rounds (and have 3-4 ciggy breaks ;-)) and score an average of 6 shots under par in every one. That'll bring just over 1300 points.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 4:32 AM

CEverett12:
    Not sure if the future clashes will be SOTW ?

I highly doubt that. I feel they're either have them alternate, or scrap the SOTW all together. Or possibly have SOTW on odd weeks and the regular one on even weeks, but that would probably stretching it a bit thin.

CEverett12:
    So your calculations are for 39 players spending 7000 credits each ? @ 100 rds. ea.

39 + myself ;-) 7000 per player with the high end balls, 4200 with L33 Callies. If anyone actually takes up my challenge, I'd suggest using the Callies and only switching to the better stuff, if there's a need for that few extra points, or maybe when using a superpass. I use Callies when up against a complete fish in the brackets, takes a few holes to get used to the different meter speed, but after that it's almost the same.

CEverett12:

mkrizan86:
    I'd do it. Our CC has more than enough talent and credits to get it done, but they're not that insane, so I won't be twisting their hand. We prefer to use our surplus credits to help some of our members and by that I don't mean buying them worthless passes.

Yes , I understand .

I knew you would, our foundations are running on similar principles, but ours is in-house only.

CEverett12:

mkrizan86:
    But yes, it's very much doable. Actually, if 39 good players are willing to try this and give G a shock of their lives, send me a message, we'll form a CC for 2 days only and then go back to our regular ones...

Sounds like a good idea but to transfer ownership of a club is a pain in the butt ,

The CC would've simply shut down. Although, looking back, that would be a stupid way to go about it. It's better if players simply join forces for 2 days in an already existing CC, preferably a L18+ one, so they get 4 new SPs each clash.

If anyone thinks I'm just kidding, considering my general opinion about clashes, I'm not. If 35-40 players express the willingness to "dethrone" a CC, that lives for this event and has 250 players, I'm in. Would be fun showing them it can actually be about skill, not merely volume, cause a good player brings more points in 1 round than 2 of theirs.

I've done dumber and more pointless things in life just to prove a point ;-)

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 4:32 AM

I could send in 2 flying fish to stand on a street corner

and a person that is homeless, will undoubtedly take the fish

I could send in 2 cockroaches to stand on the same street corner

and everyone would either turn their back, or try and stomp on them

who gives a rats........

ps I am not on your case, casey but just  they"rem  seems to be a lot of 

camel droppings on the sand at the mo re: clashes

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 5:53 AM

bluey403:

ps I am not on your case, casey but just  they"rem  seems to be a lot of 

camel droppings on the sand at the mo re: clashes

I understand , The clash is not very popular at the moment due to various reasons .  I've never been a big fan myself .  Its optional in our club .  However I was curious to see what it would take to win one , So I posted this thread to crunch the numbers because if I make a run at the G I need to know what needs to be done ,  I wont do it unless I think we could win .  It is possible, but at what cost ? 

To be honest , I would like to win one . Not for the GP ,  Just for the satisfaction of the win , A David and Goliath thing I guess .   

Ceverett12 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 9:04 AM

mkrizan86:

If anyone thinks I'm just kidding, considering my general opinion about clashes, I'm not. If 35-40 players express the willingness to "dethrone" a CC, that lives for this event and has 250 players, I'm in. Would be fun showing them it can actually be about skill, not merely volume, cause a good player brings more points in 1 round than 2 of theirs.

I've done dumber and more pointless things in life just to prove a point ;-)

I don't participate in the clash but if ya ever go for a victory over  the G's in a clash I would be willing to donate a couple of thousand  credits for passes.

• muncher27
    416 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 10:11 AM

guys, as a former member of the G i have nothing but praise for the players in there,

your asking for methods of why they keep winning, its quite simple, i do believe another member actually told the forum how they do it, as for taking them on with 40 or so players just for one clash, believe me your going need a lot more than that and a lot more than a thousand credits, 

dont dis me for this as im just giving my honest opinion

• HooksMcGilligan
    735 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 10:32 AM

muncher27:

guys, as a former member of the G i have nothing but praise for the players in there,

A very sincere thank you for that.

As a Director at The G, I will tell you that we take great pride in what we have accomplished. I'll also tell you that when we have 220 of our members participate in a given clash, that is a LOW turnout for us. We are typically at 230+.

We are not evil. We do NOT cheat. We are very driven and when the chips are down, we come together as a group and do what is necessary.

Best wishes...

Scott

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 12:53 PM

I will add that we also do whatever it takes to win.

So last spring a CC (now defunct SDC) who was working hard to get a Clash win against us decided how they could band together and get 250,000 points and finally knock us off.  They had been trying hard for a couple of months to knock us off without success and finally figured out that if they put up 250,000 that they would easily beat us.  It's my understanding that each member was encouraged to set a personal goal for their own contributions.  They did exceed that number, actually.

But we just made sure that we scored at least 25,000 more than they did so there wouldn't be any question.  Then they gave up after that Clash. 

I honestly think that if a CC banded together and put up 1 million points in a Clash that we would still win it.  If there is ever any competition for the two day Clash win, it just becomes all hands on deck, pull together as a team, and come out with a victory.

Right now, we've just been totally coasting....and that was especially true this past Clash because everyone hated playing with the "club set of the week" instead of our own golf clubs and putters.

So go for it if you want.  It might actually be fun to have some competition again for a change.  But if you do, be prepared to spend an awful lot of money, hahahaha!

~Nancy

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 12:58 PM

Nancy1959:
    So go for it if you want.  It might actually be fun to have some competition again for a change.  But if you do, be prepared to spend an awful lot of money, hahahaha!

Thanks Nancy ,  If we take a run at you guys , you'll know it because you will be in 2nd place . LOL 

Maybe next month ?

• Sean4555
    700 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 1:13 PM

100% participation from it's members and the top clashers in the G are off the charts with their point totals. I thought playing 20 or 30 rounds per clash would be a good contribution but that is nothing compared to many of the top players. Pure dedication and pride from it's members... sadly Muncher27 left the club but here's hoping he returns!

RSS