Forums

Help › Forums

Clash numbers (Question)

Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:02 AM (89 replies)
  • Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 1:45 PM

muncher27:

guys, as a former member of the G i have nothing but praise for the players in there,

your asking for methods of why they keep winning, its quite simple, i do believe another member actually told the forum how they do it, as for taking them on with 40 or so players just for one clash, believe me your going need a lot more than that and a lot more than a thousand credits, 

Thanks Ian for this and I wanted to say I know your spot is still open in the CC if you wanted to be part of this.  Might be interesting.

Tim

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 2:00 PM
    Win a clash.......spend money, but win an Inter CC match, mmmmmmm.....needs more than money for that one.
  • Nancy1959
    7,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 2:06 PM

Great, we'll look forward to it!   :)

But you'd better be prepared to put up at least 1,000,000 points, because we are certainly able and positioned to produce at least that much if necessary.  So you might want to adjust your numbers that you suggested earlier....

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 2:41 PM

Nancy1959:

Great, we'll look forward to it!   :)

But you'd better be prepared to put up at least 1,000,000 points, because we are certainly able and positioned to produce at least that much if necessary.  So you might want to adjust your numbers that you suggested earlier....

Speaking of numbers , How much do you think it would cost to beat you guys ?  

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 2:48 PM

HooksMcGilligan:

muncher27:

guys, as a former member of the G i have nothing but praise for the players in there,

A very sincere thank you for that.

As a Director at The G, I will tell you that we take great pride in what we have accomplished. I'll also tell you that when we have 220 of our members participate in a given clash, that is a LOW turnout for us. We are typically at 230+.

We are not evil. We do NOT cheat. We are very driven and when the chips are down, we come together as a group and do what is necessary.

Best wishes...

Scott

personally i don't understand what pride you get from playing in a waste of lots of money  competition and i use the word competition in the loosest sense of the word

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 4:41 PM

Nancy1959:
    So last spring a CC (now defunct SDC) who was working hard to get a Clash win against us decided how they could band together and get 250,000 points and finally knock us off.  They had been trying hard for a couple of months to knock us off without success and finally figured out that if they put up 250,000 that they would easily beat us.  It's my understanding that each member was encouraged to set a personal goal for their own contributions.  They did exceed that number, actually.

The problem there was you were dealing with an idiot owner, who actually thought it was a good idea to infiltrate his alter ego Julia inside your CC. And their members couldn't play nowhere near good enough to score enough points ;-)

Nancy1959:
    I honestly think that if a CC banded together and put up 1 million points in a Clash that we would still win it.

Not with most people putting up 30-40 points a round on the board, not even with the 48 hour ringers y'all take on board ;-) Not by a long way

Nancy1959:
    So go for it if you want.  It might actually be fun to have some competition again for a change.  But if you do, be prepared to spend an awful lot of money, hahahaha!

Here's what you don't understand. The people that would play against you, haven't spend a cent in years and wouldn't need to spend a cent now.

Lets's look at the numbers: I spent 100$ in the summer of 2012 and that was my only purchase. Learned the game with starters, bought my L59 set, when I reached master tier and started scoring (and winning) well enough to support my credit needs. Then came the brackets and in the 1st year (when they weren't counted as career earnings yet) netted somewhere between 150 and 200k of profit playing solely legend 500 cr. brackets. Right now, I'm only playing as many credit rounds as is necessary to float around 50k in my account and being able to still gift others (on which I spent over 200k in my almost 6 years here). And people, that would be needed to do this thing, have at least that much (or much, much more) to throw around. 

So you see, we would need to spend zero money ;-)

As people, who read my posts about clashes know, my stance on the event is that it's a wannabe comp, that caters to the most common human need to feel like a winner, even if one's skill set is nowhere near enough to be able to win. 

But, as I said, I wouldn't mind doing this just to prove a point. Alas, I doubt I'll get 40 more idiots like me to join. But, if that ever happens, the thought of 40 people, who can put more points on board than over a 100 of yours (over 300k by themselves), who would team up with an already clash eager large CC, should make you clench your cheeks. I promise, that if we ever find enough very good players to give this a go, we'll issue a public challenge. No real need for an ambush ;-)

P.S.: Just in case anyone thinks I have something against the G, I don't. I played with a few of their members in an inter CC match and in the WC and they were all lovely people. My teammates said the same.

• Nancy1959
    7,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 6:37 PM
    CEverett12:

As of right now, probably around $25,000,00, according to my math....maybe more since it doesn't appear that anyone would get 230 members to contribute in any one Clash, which we do regularly.
  • Nancy1959
    7,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 6:44 PM
    mkrizan86:

But, as I said, I wouldn't mind doing this just to prove a point. Alas, I doubt I'll get 40 more idiots like me to join. But, if that ever happens, the thought of 40 people, who can put more points on board than over a 100 of yours (over 300k by themselves), who would team up with an already clash eager large CC, should make you clench your cheeks. I promise, that if we ever find enough very good players to give this a go, we'll issue a public challenge. No real need for an ambush ;-)

Sure, give it a try! But realize that we have many players like myself who will put up well over 10,000 points in a Clash to crush any such attempts (and if they keep the new scoring system, you can increase that to 15,000 to 20,000). We haven't had to even play in them for almost a year to still win by a huge margin. Attempt to knock us off with 40 good players with deep pockets? You will need three times that many people to even present any challenge. But go for it! As I wrote before, it would be nice to have a challenge for a change. And, the less skilled members of our CC who don't contribute many points in Clashes, still contribute what they can, and it all adds up.
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 6:52 PM

Nancy1959:
    CEverett12:

As of right now, probably around $25,000,00, according to my math....maybe more since it doesn't appear that anyone would get 230 members to contribute in any one Clash, which we do regularly.

Are you saying you guys spend 25 hundred dollars every two weeks to win the clash ?  5 Grand a month ?  If that's the case ,  No thanks .  You guys have at it ..

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 7:20 PM

LMAO ... i suspected the G of being delusional but if she is serious then this type of mentality would validate that suspicion.  I have tried to give them the benefit of doubt but get a grip people...your talking beyond absurd numbers...

RSS