Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 68 with Set of the Week

Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:11 PM (186 replies)
  • Nancy1959
    7,071 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:54 AM

This has to be the worst idea WGT ever had (to have 48 hours of Clashes using the lousy "set of the week" clubs).  I said this many times before this started.  The overall participation across the board was going to be WAY down from normal and The Georgian would still do whatever is needed to win by a comfortable margin.  But your normal Clash income would have been so much less, and I would think if you cared about nothing else, you would care about that.

After adjusting my schedule to play anyway, I was able to play non-stop the first couple of hours and then I was locked out with the "unexpected error" report.  So was everyone else in our entire CC.

I finally gave up after working with this for well over an hour and trying everything to no avail.

Apparently, after the first four hours was over, someone in our CC was able to play about four rounds of the second clash before getting locked out with the "error" message.

I haven't been able to play since the first two hours (3:00 am to 5:00 am EST) and it is nearly 2:00 pm now.

I didn't read all of the posts on this thread, but your scoring system is also WAY out of whack, too.  Time to throw this whole "New Clash" idea in the garbage for the future.....

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:55 AM

AlaskanDame:

WGTChampion:

A few others have reported this too. We're looking into it. From your screenshots, since your clash still has about three hours, the bonuses you're getting from other places will not add into the final tally until the timer runs out. This is because the bonuses are performance based and the other team can still take them. 

_CHAMPION 

True in his case, but you've seen MY screen shots of FINISHED rounds, showing our 5 bonuses but a winning score of 985 (well less than the bonuses by themselves).

True but last round 1 minute before it ended we had over 3,500 points with the bonuses and have less then that as our total for all 3.....

• pemaz
    732 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:00 AM

Man, did you guys ever mess this up.  There was nothing wrong with the previous system.  Now you are using us as guinea pigs and you are making us test your system whilst we pay for it with our credits.  Short sighted strategy that is very likely to backfire. 

• AlaskanDame
    19,016 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:04 AM

Well, after playing in three rounds, with an "unexpected error" at the end of 2 out of about 7 games, but no harm done, NOW I'm getting "unexpected error" when I click on "play a game" on the clash page --- repeatedly.  I guess I'm one of those locked out now.

Good thing I'm off on a plane in an hour.  Not a clash to be part of this time.  Sigh . . . . 

• AlaskanDame
    19,016 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:05 AM

EasyEdward:

AlaskanDame:

WGTChampion:

A few others have reported this too. We're looking into it. From your screenshots, since your clash still has about three hours, the bonuses you're getting from other places will not add into the final tally until the timer runs out. This is because the bonuses are performance based and the other team can still take them. 

_CHAMPION 

True in his case, but you've seen MY screen shots of FINISHED rounds, showing our 5 bonuses but a winning score of 985 (well less than the bonuses by themselves).

True but last round 1 minute before it ended we had over 3,500 points with the bonuses and have less then that as our total for all 3.....

+ 1000

• une20000
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:14 AM

I can tell you that i have sent screenshots an all! And all of my team mates use mobile phones and have the same problem!

So yeah! It is on mobile too!

• ukvermonter
    2,013 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:39 AM

I'll play but I'm a bit Grumpy lol

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:42 AM

AlaskanDame:

EasyEdward:

AlaskanDame:

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION 

+ 1000

I'm just going by what I could see. The QA and dev teams will be on this once we have this clash error sorted out. 

_CHAMPION 

• steveval001
    117 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:43 AM

I'm part of the bro cc and like the majority of our cc I have only been able to play just one round. Don't make us waste any  more time on this and stop the clash untill you sort out the problems PLEASE 

• RyjaTybas
    5,143 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:53 AM

Wryly amused by the unfolding disaster.

Never liked the Clash format - but did play a fair bit - motivated by a free course "builder" for the CC.

But I won't play with "set of the week".

Its like asking a random stranger to chose your clubs - and it messes up my mental calculations.

So bye-bye Clash, if my clubs are chosen for me.

RSS