Forums

Help › Forums

*No Clash This Week*

Thu, Apr 16 2020 6:16 AM (116 replies)
  • BobbyWiser
    10 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:40 PM
    the clashes, are going to be changed up everyone even out the playin field like % of putts made during a Clash
  • jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:58 PM

I like clashes; they are fun.  Not that we try compete with top 10 clubs.  Not all my Black Diamond GC members do, so some sit out.  It's OK.

And I respect clubs who disagree and avoid clashes.

But is not only thing we or I do in 48 hours.

What I will not agree to do is switch meter speeds every other round.  Because I play other rounds while clash is going on.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 6:23 PM

And I have still seen no answer to earlier question about 300 point bonuses, just speculation from Paul.

Normal clash scoring, then the 300 point bonuses factored in?

Clash scoring, then 300 point bonuses, then calculate winner for 500 point bonus?

If latter, do we see running total?

These are huge differences. AND WE HAVE HEARD NOTHING!!!!

I am not used to playing in games when I do not know the rules up front.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 11:14 PM

pdb1:
    Once every 5 years . When there is a new event . 

I just can't wrap myself around the idea of calling a garbage twist on a worthless old event, a new one, but I guess these days that's as close as we get to something new around here.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2018 4:36 AM

DonCaron:

drmoose:

At the risk of sounding like a negative Nelly, no, you are all fools who have fallen into a very well crafted trap to get you spend credits in a non skilled based auction for things of no value. Just my opinion, so , please carry on. 

Doc :)

Actually I agree with you. The players in my club want to play the clashes though and I have to back them up. If they play, I play.

More noble than me. 

Freedom of choice I am all for, but I will never see the point of that format on a golf site.

• SAdams7289
    21 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2018 5:07 AM

Why bother? The people who run he game are all in the top club that wins every clash. It's not even close. Going into a clash knowing you have no chance of winning is not appealing to me. IDGAF

• craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2018 5:27 AM

You know in my experience if half a dozen or so members play over the two days using the free superpasses offered and not spending a penny win or lose you will usually be in the top 250 winning a course builder and 2 or 3 superpasses for next time .

Why not .

RSS