Help › Forums

*No Clash This Week*

Thu, Apr 16 2020 6:16 AM (116 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 7:00 PM

pdb1:

jason01291:
    I assume you haven't clashed once also...

And the answer to that buddy is that yes we have been playing in these clashes. In fact I played in nearly 700 of them. Against a little bit fewer than that CCs. As have many of the other posters.

It is you that has not been paying attention. Because the only mention of skill was that mentioned for the new Awards.

We are already very aware of the lack of attention 2 skill in these events.

here are the new Awards. Hell of a start on some skills wouldn't you say?

New Awards

• We've added more ways for clubs to earn points in each CC Event Clash they play, including:
    • Longest putt made in the Clash (by individual player, points go to their club)
    • Longest holed shot from off the green (by individual player, points go to their club)
    • Club with the highest green in regulation percentage
    • Club with highest birdie-or-better percentage
    • Club with highest sand save percentage
    • Club with highest total distance of putts made

Each of these awards earn +300 points for the club.

Plus, the top 10 scores in each Clash will get a multiplier bonus based on their rank.

You might be very surprised at how many of us play the clashes. I know at least 1 owner that plays 24-30 times. I only play about 15.

Don't ever underestimate the competition, we are all competitors  

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 11:06 PM

Luckystar5:

Not knowing all the particulars about it, makes it hard to look forward to.  Some players spend enough credits on passes, but to now have to pay even more to rent the clubs? Wow... is there a credit payout?  Or does wgt keep all the extra credits spent by players?  It would be nice to get alot more info, prior to unleashing this on us. 

You won't have to rent clubs.  They will appear automatically for use on the first tee of each clash round.  And your bag will revert to your usual clubs when the clash round is over.  Yes, some timing and calcs will be affected, but less so than you might think.  We do SOTW tourneys at our club.  They are a good leveler for players of different levels, which is something wgt was asked for.  Adding some skill awards and doing this sort of leveling is a step in the right direction.  Wgt can't help it if some people have kazillion credits for passes and speed boosts, and for gifting them to other club members, not to mention clubs having all-day players and high participation rates.  

• jonny88
    60 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 11:08 PM

That's because they want to ruin St. Paddys Day weekend with this club silliness.

Hold on to your shamrocks lads here comes ....THE CLASH

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 4:53 AM

jonny88:

That's because they want to ruin St. Paddys Day weekend with this club silliness.

Hold on to your shamrocks lads here comes ....THE CLASH

+1 Jonny.

I hope when its finished they put my regular clubs back in properly. With all the glitches with the game We had better check it when we finish.

• jonny88
    60 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 3:43 PM

I'm thinkin maybe change out to starter clubs that way if they don't return em they can keep em.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 4:12 PM

DonCaron:
    Don't ever underestimate the competition, we are all competitors  

At the risk of sounding like a negative Nelly, no, you are all fools who have fallen into a very well crafted trap to get you spend credits in a non skilled based auction for things of no value. Just my opinion, so , please carry on. 

Doc :)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 4:49 PM

AlaskanDame:

Luckystar5:

Not knowing all the particulars about it, makes it hard to look forward to.  Some players spend enough credits on passes, but to now have to pay even more to rent the clubs? Wow... is there a credit payout?  Or does wgt keep all the extra credits spent by players?  It would be nice to get alot more info, prior to unleashing this on us. 

You won't have to rent clubs.  They will appear automatically for use on the first tee of each clash round.  And your bag will revert to your usual clubs when the clash round is over.  Yes, some timing and calcs will be affected, but less so than you might think.  We do SOTW tourneys at our club.  They are a good leveler for players if different levels, which is something wgt was asked for.  Adding some skill awards and doing this sort of leveling is a step in the tight direction.  Wgt can't help it if some people have kazillion credits for passes and speed boosts, and for gifting them to other club members, not to mention clubs having all-day players and high participation rates.  

Please, no disrespect, but I personally requested a level playing field, which certainly had nothing to do with golf clubs.(sticks used)   I could care less which clubs, or balls anyone uses, I wanted country clubs of equal, or close as possible, to same levels, and or membership numbers.  A cc with 20 to 30 members, being pitted against the like in kind, not against a cc with 245 members. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:34 PM

jonny88:

I'm thinkin maybe change out to starter clubs that way if they don't return em they can keep em.

That might be a good idea. Considering all the glitches 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:36 PM

drmoose:

At the risk of sounding like a negative Nelly, no, you are all fools who have fallen into a very well crafted trap to get you spend credits in a non skilled based auction for things of no value. Just my opinion, so , please carry on. 

Doc :)

Actually I agree with you. The players in my club want to play the clashes though and I have to back them up. If they play, I play.

RSS