Forums

Help › Forums

*No Clash This Week*

Thu, Apr 16 2020 6:16 AM (116 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:02 AM

It's to bad that you never met Courtneny Fish. She was the founder and owner of the Peoples Club. 

She was a great person on these forums when I started, Very helpful and patient with us.  I really miss Her and her wisdom. 

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 9:39 PM

I disagree with u clash is not about skill..

I assume you haven't clashed once also..

It is a ranked round on challenging greens and just another ranked round patience and skill prevails

And itz teamwork and if u are in active club that participate in clash

You will experience the teamwork teamspirit

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 10:17 AM

jason01291:

Well, you can disagree with people all you want. That's fine. But it doesn't change the fact that winning the event is not about skill. 

When there are players in some clubs who are willing to (literally) play dozens of clash rounds during the event, winning the clash ceases to be about skill. 

And just as some friendly advice, if you could use the quote feature that would make it easier to know who you're responding to.

jason01291:
    I assume you haven't clashed once also...

Why do you assume that about anyone in this thread? 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 10:46 AM

jason01291:

jason01291:
    It is a ranked round on challenging greens and just another ranked round patience and skill prevails

So which one is it ? What do you mean ? Am I going mad ?.... ;D

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 10:53 AM
    Robert1893:
    When there are players in some clubs who are willing to (literally) play dozens of clash rounds during the event, winning the clash ceases to be about skill. 
    +1
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 11:26 AM

If you want to score well, then it's all about skill.  But if you just want to win, then that's a different story!  Shoot bad, and score a 30, not too skillful, but play 10 times at 30, then you score a 300.  Ten members score a 30,  ten times, that's an impressive club score, and just might get you alot of wins in clash numbers.  No skill there. 

• jacktrade51
    10,882 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 6:19 PM

WGTChampion:

We expect to host our first Set of the Week Clash next week. 

_CHAMPION 

I am usually pretty nice about WGT even when some things do not work.

Without knowing clubs, I am cannot be sure, but this is about the dumbest idea you have come up with.

So I am going to advise all Black Diamond GC (I'm the owner)  members to boycott it.  So one consistent top 50 club is out.

Occasional SOTW is goofy round for fun.  But we play other rounds during the 48 hour club clash.  We can't keep changing clubs back & forth.

A steady diet of it over 2 days screws up all our calculations and, depending on club speed, our timing.  So forget it.

Tom.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 6:56 PM

Not knowing all the particulars about it, makes it hard to look forward to.  Some players spend enough credits on passes, but to now have to pay even more to rent the clubs? Wow... is there a credit payout?  Or does wgt keep all the extra credits spent by players?  It would be nice to get alot more info, prior to unleashing this on us. 

RSS