Forums

Help › Forums

*No Clash This Week*

Thu, Apr 16 2020 6:16 AM (116 replies)
  • dandycap
    1,809 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 10:01 AM

HackWilson1930:
    Before I play I would like to know what will happen.

Me too...........

Mr WiGiT....     Someone tell me what sotw are?         

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 10:53 AM

pdb1:
    After the first Clash two more Super passes are added to your CC after each clash that is played throughout the entire event

Must be down to CC level as well, cause we get 4 new ones per every new clash.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 11:14 AM

Jimbog1964:

DonCaron:

drmoose:

At the risk of sounding like a negative Nelly, no, you are all fools who have fallen into a very well crafted trap to get you spend credits in a non skilled based auction for things of no value. Just my opinion, so , please carry on. 

Doc :)

Actually I agree with you. The players in my club want to play the clashes though and I have to back them up. If they play, I play.

More noble than me. 

Freedom of choice I am all for, but I will never see the point of that format on a golf site.

Well, WGT found the most brilliant niche and filled it, most likely by accident, I doubt they did it for that reason.

The desire to win at something is something most humans can relate to. This event is perfectly suited for this. A player, who'd never win anything remotely skill based, can feel like a winner here, cause his 200 member CC beat a 5 member CC and he played a round 5 shots over par. The golf equivalent of "the world's biggest frying pan", etc.

Nothing wrong with them catering to the inept and cashing in on a basic human desire, as most businesses do.

But I do have a problem, when people call it a competition. Cause it's not, at least not in skill terms. It's an auction, but with a twist, cause all the bids must be paid out, "winning" or "losing". Nothing against people, who like to play them, I actually play 1 round every time (with the VT freebie ball, of course), if my plate is not too full. for whatever their reason. But it's NOT a competition, just like the even stupider weekly XP "race". 

To those who think the SOTW clashes won't get as much participants, I think y'all may be wrong. This is a fun way to play and clashes will be the only way, where one can play this way without any entry fees, so this event may see some clash novices. And the people who play to "win" (ROTFL) will biatch and moan, but play anyway in the end.

I know I'll probably play more than 1 round with the inferior sticks. I remember someone posted that this stops being a skill game with the SOTW. Wrong, that's where the actual skill starts, cause the course management, improvisation and adaptation come into play.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 12:04 PM

pdb1:

mkrizan86:

pdb1:
    After the first Clash two more Super passes are added to your CC after each clash that is played throughout the entire event

Must be down to CC level as well, cause we get 4 new ones per every new clash.

No you don't.

Our little 50-member CC just hit Level 18 last week.

Which means you were still on L17, when the last one was played? Could it be a L18 or L19 (our CC) thing? Cause we definitely get 4, I remember waiting for a new one to start to play my 1 round (didn't have a free pass and will never ever buy one). We were at zero before, then at 4 when the new one started.

• craigswan
    31,012 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 12:27 PM

The best way to get maximum points from your free course builder .

Set up 4 different 9 hole rounds . Unlimited play . 7 days per round . Select options for play .

Each day play another round first then play course builder - 3500 points for nothing .

So if 20 players play each day that equals 70,000 points .

times 28 days equals a lot .

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 12:54 PM

craigswan:

The best way to get maximum points from your free course builder .

Set up 4 different 9 hole rounds . Unlimited play . 7 days per round . Select options for play .

Each day play another round first then play course builder - 3500 points for nothing .

So if 20 players play each day that equals 70,000 points .

times 28 days equals a lot .

I set up a par 3 course as a custom course, and also use a par 5.  (Par 5 not a custom) Play the par 3, then using a pass, play the par 5. As you say, lots of points.  Kicker here is that you can use starter balls, and no matter what you shoot score wise, it doesn't effect your average. The more times you hit the ball, the more points you accumulate for xps. 

RSS