Help › Forums

*No Clash This Week*

Thu, Apr 16 2020 6:16 AM (116 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:31 PM

Vaibhav5viv:

Robert1893:
    He's a good person and a very good player.

Probably, but he's been quite a bit off base on this thread. His initial post hardly screamed calling for a constructive response, while the subsequent post where he explains his troubles is a lot of whataboutery. 

My initial post whether it was misdirected or not worded appropriately was somewhat of a cautionary tale, that even using slow meter balls with the SOTW can still result in miss dinged shots where "exaggerated" results will seemingly force players to lose balls they would not ordinarily lose.  

I have played SOTW tournaments within our country club and won, whether that was simply luck or just being slightly better than the others that participated is up for debate I guess.  The difference in our SOTW tournaments is they are based on multiple rounds played not just one lucky round.  So in those events, I demonstrated an ability to play reasonably well over the course of multiple rounds.

Yet, I am still susceptible to have mistakes but the clubs being used can exaggerate those mistakes even far beyond what you normally expect or encounter.  It is a possibility and losing balls in the SOTW can be more likely to occur than normal for most players even those with demonstrated ability.

After that initial posts, I felt I was only criticized...if the only thing a person has to say is critical and not empathizing given this can happen to all of us, then Yes my follow up post were on a different topic in that they were more of a response to one player only being critical who also responded in a similar demeaning manner to another member that also stood up for me.  This type of behavior is not positive, it is more reflective of troll like behavior.  

I admittedly was frustrated prior to making my posts because I hate losing balls.  I could have written it better but I also grow weary of negative comments and will stand up for myself.  That being said, these type of people are far fewer on here because I have overwhelmingly been grateful and appreciative of all the help, input and suggestions I have received.  I simply have to do a better job at tuning out the sour pusses that have nothing better to say.  

I am sorry if others don't share my concerns but being aware of an increased possibility of losing balls, even by skilled players, while it means more to some than others is more than likely anticipated and quite likely a desired outcome by those holding a SOTW clash event.

Also, thank you Robert and Lucky for your posts and any others I may have missed.

• birddog8553
    628 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 7:00 PM

I'll bet The Georgian's don't win this one!!!

• oldfloppy
    34 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 8:42 PM

Mythanatos old floppy here iam in a club that has been in first place for a vary long time so iam told. ive been a member with this club for  3or4 months now. anyway i agree with you i think there should be a different  points system mabye like u said every player only gets one chance to put up points for there club for turf war and only top 50 scores  are counted 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 11:10 PM

el3n1:
    After that initial posts, I felt I was only criticized...

Sorry..I still don't see anything wrong with my response.

More a statement of fact than a criticism... 

I have never lost a ball using SOTW clubs,as I'm sure 100s of other players haven't either...so the only variable ( when ya boil it down ) is You.

And when some do lose balls,their 1st thought isn't "there's WGT finding a way to take my ball"  It's...

"Damn,that meter is faster than expected" / "Well that club doesn't respond well to full bs" or "That lack of forgiveness is telling"

Things like that ^^

With the SOTW we all have to recognize those things quickly,and adapt accordingly....that's where the skill comes in !!

el3n1:
    This type of behavior is not positive, it is more reflective of troll like behavior.  

Well, I knew it'd be something you wouldn't want to hear..hence the :/ face..

But troll like....

( an over used label nowadays and often used fraudulently webwide imo )

Hey,you better at WGT than I was in the same time frame,and may well be better in 5 yrs.....but a slightly 'thicker skin' would come in handy.

There are many Alpha males/ females on here..put us all in one room on a Saturday night and there'd be carnage IRL !!

I think we keep it quite civilized, all things considered....;))

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 5:17 AM

pdb1:
    Of course that's what they're doing. If they weren't I would think that was a big sign that they had given up on everything. Then I might be worried. So as long as they're continuing 2 encourage us to play events with  likely higher sales. Then everything is all good. LOL. Right?

We should equip starter balls and they would change this fast. Lol

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 5:52 AM

alcaucin:

But troll like....

( an over used label nowadays and often used fraudulently webwide imo )

You don't say. ;-) 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 7:15 AM
    In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    ______

the biggest problem with your comments is multiple people observed the same "perception" of your actions otherwise they would not have felt it necessary to "defend" or advocate on my behalf, not that they needed to but they felt or observed the same type of unnecessary response by @alcaucin who even then commented in a demeaning manner towards Luckystar5 as if he hasn't earned his tier status. 

if it were just me, then others would not have observed the same thing or perceived the situation similarly.  

just helps me to learn what type of people and who to ignore if they haven't something better to say.  

RSS