pOt CaLLiNg kEttLe whAt?

Luckystar5:
    Im not as ignorant as some are. 

Don't think ignorant is the word for you

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 10:28 PM

WGTChampion:

Hey everyone! Due to unforeseen circumstances we will not be hosting a Clash Event this week. 

We expect to host our first Set of the Week Clash next week. 

_CHAMPION 

Moin Champ

I have a question: Will that set of the week thing be a fair and fun competition, or will it be like the known clashes: A public auction, where the cc that will spend the most credits for cc passes will get one WGT sponsored cheat called golden putter?

Ok, I confess this was a retoric question. No offend to anyone, have a nice day all.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 10:30 PM

someone just needs attention, ignore the attention seekers el3n1, it took me awhile to figure that one out. Shouldn't have taken so long but oh well. I will proudly take my permanent screening :)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 10:42 PM

el3n1:
    That said, after 5 years if you are such a great golfer why haven't you been promoted to champion yet?

Don't remember saying I was a great golfer...( just that you're not skilled and it isn't the SOTW clubs fault )...I guess the truth can hurt. ;/                            *Edited*

" A bad workman, always blames his tools "

As for answering the rest of the post, I'll take a pass...

You seem one of those passive aggressive characters,whose novella like posts can easily lead to moderation,if responding in kind.

Would only lead to a full blown argument anyway.....

Andy ( see WGT, slowly learning )  ;)))

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 11:28 PM

ostfriedel:

I have a question: Will that set of the week thing be a fair and fun competition, or will it be like the known clashes: A public auction, where the cc that will spend the most credits for cc passes will get one WGT sponsored cheat called golden putter?

Ok, I confess this was a retoric question. No offend to anyone, have a nice day all.

Just remember folks, if it weren't for these bi-weekly salacious money-grabs, WGT likely wouldn't see fit to reward us with all these great new courses we'll soon be getting!

Uh.......yeah...

Ah well, scum is as scum does.

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 12:15 AM

I am an advocate for Clashes, although WGT could arrange them to be more attractive. WGT misses a great opportunity to attract more business by having decent prizes rather than stupid icons.

Anyway I will not be playing with Set of the Week as I regards this making the whole thing a complete farce. As I run the clashes for SEL I will recommend our members abstain.

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 1:43 AM

Sir 

Thatz ridiculous to use only set of the week for clashes

It affects our game

I personally don't like that option

Let the clashes be played like old times 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:33 AM

Nancy1959:

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Clash schedule.

However, I would add that I can't imagine that you don't realize that forcing everyone who is playing in these to use your "club sets of the week" rather than the ones that they have learned to play with will decrease the overall participation by a lot!

Our CC will still do whatever it takes to win by a comfortable margin (because that's what we do), but the participation from everyone in all of the CC's will go way down.

~Nancy

I can't imagine clubs making a blind bit of difference to the outcome of that one that's for sure.  maybe they feel some will go for it and if don't try it............Good luck in it as you like it........Put my comment in italics (some reason it came out as looking like part of the quote - me or glitch I am going me did something wrong:)

el3n1:
    if there is anything I have learned over the past year, the game, WGT, or the software, does and will do random things that make no sense or even completely exaggerate shots that are in no way reflective of what a realistic outcome should be.  But these may only amount to less than 1% of the shots we hit, because by and far the vast majority of shots play as expected
    Yep.....at most.  I am sure we all now agree.  Be surprised (perhaps) the amount that blame the game every time they step out of the who cares about quality clash or red tees..........Heck some even struggle on red tees, but not enough to stop getting the champ badge and then announce the badge goes before them before explaining why they are crap (effectively).  .......
    Away from all that explaining Friday night drinks are cancelled, due to ineptness, can't have been easy for someone. 
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:38 AM

I think they set up SOTW, just so we might lose more golf balls from unfamiliar clubs.

It was always fun to match up against another Legend on the other team.  I usually keep that person on another tab and monitor him/her.

I really don't think many will play this one

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:53 AM

I don't play in set of the week events so I don't know all the rules, but it seems that to be completely fair to all the same ball must be used. Does WGT furnish these balls? If they do, and I lose that ball, is it replaced by a starter ball or do I have to purchase more of the lost ball to complete the round? Or, wonder of wonders, will WGT replace the lost SOTW  ball with the same ball for free? Or are all SOTW games played with starter balls?

Before I play I would like to know what will happen.

RSS