Forums

Help › Forums

New courses?

Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:49 PM (94 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,921 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 10:07 PM

oh, and I agree, 2nd pin positions on newer courses would be a nice change.  Only possible if they did photography at time, then the programmers get to go to work.

But what is new course?  We always in last few years knew what they were working on in advance.  Now deafening silence, which tends to suggest nothing.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2017 11:18 AM
    Shinnecock Hills Course

18 hole regulation length course

Private golf course

70 par | 6,996 yards | 140 slope

74.5 rating | Blue grass

Read more at https://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.aspx?course=819945#gYHrTIAHMuCQaRsO.99
    .....................................................................................................................

This ends the question on whether Shinnecock is a public or private course. Does it also end the hope that it will be a new course for us in 2018?

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 11:29 AM

alosso:

What about the windmill?

I WANT A WINDMILL!!

A clown's mouth would seem appropriate.

• craigswan
    31,006 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 11:46 AM

• Woodsonbergski
    51 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 12:17 PM

Why listen to paying customers when you can listen to your grandmother who tells you that ugly sweaters would be fun.

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 9:26 AM

BobApollo:

Shinnecock Hills Course

18 hole regulation length course

Private golf course

70 par | 6,996 yards | 140 slope

74.5 rating | Blue grass

Read more at https://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.aspx?course=819945#gYHrTIAHMuCQaRsO.99
    .....................................................................................................................

This ends the question on whether Shinnecock is a public or private course. Does it also end the hope that it will be a new course for us in 2018?

Other clues that would lead toward pessimism about Shinnecock: 

• Not included in the rotation for the 2018 Virtual Tour
    • None of the usual hints about a new course that often appear around this time of the year.

I'd say the odds are less than 25% that we get it or any new course this year.

In fact, Erin Hills may well be the last course that's ever added to WGT. Top Golf seems completely disinterested in developing WGT. So aside from an additional few silly bells & whistles, things will probably remain as they are while the player base slowly diminishes.

Damn shame, too, for what was a great game 5-6 years ago.

• mossbacker
    103 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 11:05 AM

When TopGolf purchased WGT, the courses to be added to the game had already been developed...Chambers, Erin, and an uncompleted Pebble Beach...we will never see another course...Never see add'l pin positions...never see coins worth anything...never see anything other than horrible cheesy additions. I am waiting patiently for Shot Online to be Released on Android, then the massive exodus from WGT will begin.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 11:52 AM

2019 US Open is at Pebble Beach.  2020 at Winged Foot, which is a private course, so not getting that course on WGT for 2 years from now.  

Boredom was a factor in continuing to play WGT beyond 3 years, by the old standard of the game being very challenging.  The easier new standard, I'd say brings boredom on sooner. A brand new player can rocket to becoming a Legend, in under a full year of playing now.

I don't see a Selected Set of bad golf clubs, and putting on a insane fast, not a practiced on green speed, as regenerating interest.  Or other things renewing interest in the product.

Getting a new golf course was the big thing to look forward to, while waiting with big hopes for more fun on that new course.  I'd start looking forward to a new course around October of the year before we get the new course around June.  That's gone now.  

"Say it ain't so, Joe".

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 2:51 PM

Yeah, Erin Hills, lovely course. Deserving to be the last one ever on this site [cough]

Bandon recently as well, lovely, cant ask for much more [coughs again]

Boy they`ve pushed the boat out.

Must be easier doing all those fancy camera shots with little or no foliage in the way.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2018 3:54 AM
    mossbacker United States
    66 Posts
    01-01-2018 11:05 AM

When TopGolf purchased WGT, the courses to be added to the game had already been developed...Chambers, Erin, and an uncompleted Pebble Beach...we will never see another course.

I don't mean to offend you.  How are you so certain of what you've said?  Unless you have 'insider information" your statement is speculation.  Granted it's based on seeing what's going on, but I'm not sure anyone can say bold things and know for sure.

I expect you and or others to clue me in and tell me, you've got this figured right.

I'll buy what's being said, with disappointment.  My views can be shallow compared to those with a higher WGT IQ than me. 

RSS