Forums

Help › Forums

New courses?

Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:49 PM (94 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,006 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2018 11:56 PM

In real golf .

You join a club and play round and round for 30 years till you die .

With the odd challenge match somewhere different .

Now that is boring .

I still love wgt.

• alosso
    21,041 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:43 AM

craigswan:
    In real golf .

You join a club and play round and round for 30 years till you die .

[...]

Now that is boring .

I'd appreciate that because I took up golf at 51, and I adore the octogenarians playing their rounds!

But it ain't boring - I have a vast collection of German and international courses under my belt. It includes St. Andrews (GA) as well as 3x St. Andrews UK (but not the Old Course).

The furthest should be Links On The Bayou in Alexandria, LA ;)

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:50 AM

Everyone on WGT has a different expiration date aka WGT retirement.  For some it's when they've reach a certain Tier level.  For others it's when they've become bored for whatever their reason.  For others, it's when they've reach other points of not liking the game anymore for many other reasons.  Sadly some players pass away, others physically issues make playing too hard (a bad shoulder, etc.), for some work and or family requirements change.

Some players don't like the site's changes, no changes or lack of improvements.

WGT came into our life and at some point it will go out of our life.

Death, taxes and not playing WGT.

• alosso
    21,041 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:49 PM

pdb1:
    if something isn't there for you . If it isn't working for you . Only you can change that .
    So true Paul!

Another thing to keep in mind is that ev1 who wants to play more than two holes on WGT has to register - a lot of deadwood from the very start!

RSS