Forums

Help › Forums

New courses?

Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:49 PM (94 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 1:48 PM

mathia14:
    Now what good course would want to have ties with "world garbage tour"??????

Another question might be why you would want to spend your time here if you think so little of it that you're calling it that.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 4:43 PM

alosso:

What about the windmill?

I WANT A WINDMILL!!

The rumor going around the WGT offices.........is development has already begun on a new course...........and someone there leaked this photo...........

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 4:51 PM

Lot of the courses are only available for Blitz...are full scanned, (at least that show the minimap's)...i don't know why they dont give us also the chance of play that courses in Stroke (full), probably are because money/business rules

Whould be nice at least have different pins location (activated)...for the existing courses, a bit of change at the moment of play

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 11:32 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    Lot of the courses are only available for Blitz...are full scanned, (at least that show the minimap's)..
    I don't think so - not enough photographs!

LEDzZzEPP:
    Whould be nice at least have different pins location (activated)...for the existing courses, a bit of change at the moment of play

This!

They have done it before, released new pins in dead season - almost as good as a new course! The former CEO, Chad (MisterWGT) once stated that they have multiple pin positions (that is at least two) for every full course, but they haven't been published for about half of them.

Go ahead WGT!!

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 3:47 PM

Well..is hard to believe they go to a course...prepared all the stuff & make a few photos, i think is about some kind of agreements with that courses & dont let em use the ''full course''...& if is true (just a few photos) i think is a dumb action

About differents pins...are there, if you set an practice round can chose different set of pins, but wgt set automatically all parameters of the round based in tiers: tee's, wind, locations pins, green speed, & no one can modificate this, even the creator of the round, in part its ok...because is accord to tiers, but at least they can set a couple of locations pins for each tier... & play that as random...for Stroke & AS would be nice

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 4:10 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    Well..is hard to believe they go to a course...prepared all the stuff & make a few photos, i think is about some kind of agreements with that courses & dont let em use the ''full course'

Nope, the Mods (and Chad I think) have stated in the past that they never took full photos for the CTTH only courses and therefore cannot be turned into stroke play course, so I will take them on their word.

The pins are easy, medium or hard......I have never noticed a discernible difference for any selection in CC tournaments! Considering at best we have 2 pin placements......I suppose medium is a mix??????? or.......makes zero difference lol.

There is zero good reason not to have at least 3 or 4 pin positions, certainly for the latter courses WGT have introduced and the Mods did state they take more photos to account for this...................so what happened? 

Considering we only get 1 course a year......hmmm I will bite my tongue,

The cost is of course the time used for the programmers.....and this directly cuts into their time allocated for ball effects, ambient noises, flawed commentary, balls and equipment with higher specs (uh oh....I will get you going lol), clashes and turf wars and the associated tee markers and flags........need I go on?

Edit: Wait, I forgot....people write in in droves, probably by their thousands just like clash requests, requesting the above features......and would rather have those in place of more pin placements.....after all, they don't want to make the game too hard and frighten players away.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 4:40 PM

alanti:

LEDzZzEPP:
    Well..is hard to believe they go to a course...prepared all the stuff & make a few photos, i think is about some kind of agreements with that courses & dont let em use the ''full course'

Nope, the Mods (and Chad I think) have stated in the past that they never took full photos for the CTTH only courses and therefore cannot be turned into stroke play course, so I will take them on their word.

The pins are easy, medium or hard......I have never noticed a discernible difference for any selection in CC tournaments! Considering at best we have 2 pin placements......I suppose medium is a mix??????? or.......makes zero difference lol.

There is zero good reason not to have at least 3 or 4 pin positions, certainly for the latter courses WGT have introduced and the Mods did state they take more photos to account for this...................so what happened? 

Considering we only get 1 course a year......hmmm I will bite my tongue,

The cost is of course the time used for the programmers.....and this directly cuts into their time allocated for ball effects, ambient noises, flawed commentary, balls and equipment with higher specs (uh oh....I will get you going lol), clashes and turf wars and the associated tee markers and flags........need I go on?

Edit: Wait, I forgot....people write in in droves, probably by their thousands just like clash requests, requesting the above features......and would rather have those in place of more pin placements.....after all, they don't want to make the game too hard and frighten players away.

I fully understand you.. & thanks for some clarifications

The only course where i see often (so so) differents locations pins in Stroke are St. Andrews, but there are others: Merion...Kiawah...Congressional...Bethpage, just whould be nice see more often different locations of pins in at least this courses where the works is arleady done

About the ''difficult''...dont know, dont think a location pin make a difference in how much hard or easy can turn a course/round, but yes...i know this site have LOT of little things manipulated to make a game pretty much working in a straigth line.. for be welcome to more people

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 10:11 PM

alanti:
    The pins are easy, medium or hard....

...and the consequence is but a random assignment! I tried KIA once to see the different pins - "easy" and "hard" produced half different, half equal pins :(

• RyjaTybas
    5,142 Posts
    Mon, Dec 11 2017 11:23 AM

Second pins on courses without them would make up for no course in 2018 - but I'm prepared to be disappointed on both fronts. 

There are only ever two pins at best - with the easy/medium/hard option just juggling the two of them around.

But two is more than twice as good as one.

• jacktrade51
    10,921 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 8:30 PM

ty, everyone for input.  The silence is deafening from where it counts. 

RSS