Forums

Help › Forums

New courses?

Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:49 PM (94 replies)
  • gatorbilly
    608 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 2:29 PM

I agree with WUTPA on his post..There is no better online golf game on the web in my opinion and the winds and green speeds can change the courses so many are saying have become stale. I for one am very happy with this addictive game and hope it stays around for quite awile

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 3:16 PM

I dont know what all of the fuss is about . Its the same thing every year and the same way every year. its nothing new at all with how the new courses are done . WGT doesnt tell us anything about what they are going to do until they do it . The so called old WGT was that way and the new Top Golf / WGT is also that way .

So nothing has changed and you older veteran players know this . Just because nothing is being said to us means noting  at all . The game isnt going any where and neither are any of the players for the most part .

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 3:32 PM

I love this game as it is right now. Yes, we would all like new courses and would keep the game thriving but we don't pay for those courses to be developed .

Must be extremely expensive  .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 3:42 PM

lonniescott711:

I dont know what all of the fuss is about . Its the same thing every year and the same way every year. its nothing new at all with how the new courses are done . WGT doesnt tell us anything about what they are going to do until they do it . The so called old WGT was that way and the new Top Golf / WGT is also that way .

So nothing has changed and you older veteran players know this . Just because nothing is being said to us means noting  at all . The game isnt going any where and neither are any of the players for the most part .

Not so. MisterWGT always hyped the next year or Icon dropped a hint or something always whetted the appetite. It's crickets this year.

• RyjaTybas
    5,142 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 3:44 PM

Without new courses - or alternative pins for existing courses that lack them - this game will become stale.

The freshness of the new re-ignites interest. 

Even making the Tru-golf courses available for CCs would help.

We lost a great course with double pins (Oakmont) - and then got Erin (single pins) - and then nothing.

Its not looking bright - but we'll play until sunset.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 4:04 PM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:

Not so. MisterWGT always hyped the next year or Icon dropped a hint or something always whetted the appetite. It's crickets this year.

A couple of times they even had a hole featured way before the release of even the CTTH portion of the course. Congressional #2 comes to mind. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 4:54 PM

borntobesting:

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:

A couple of times they even had a hole featured way before the release of even the CTTH portion of the course. Congressional #2 comes to mind. 

And no mention of Shinnecock in the VT schedule either. Do the math: sometimes when you put 1+1 together you get zero.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 8 2018 5:50 AM

Wutpa:
    And no mention of Shinnecock in the VT schedule either. Do the math: sometimes when you put 1+1 together you get zero.

IMO, whatever happens this year around VUSO time will signal what to expect in the future of the game. :-(

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Feb 8 2018 10:13 AM

Jim is dead on with his comment. If we do not get a new course.....the end is near.

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Thu, Feb 8 2018 12:05 PM

borntobesting:

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:

Way back in that day (7 years ago), WGT was putting up the money to shoot new courses and promoting them to attract players and position themselves as a viable entity. Agreements with USGA, Open Championship, and the hyped-but-never-materialized one with the PGA Championship were part of that strategy.

But Chad cashed out two years ago, and TopGolf appears completely uninterested in this platform. We may be offered clashes and some bells & whistles for the next couple years as the player base fades away, but I'm afraid the game's glory days are in the rear view mirror (including any new courses).

RSS