Forums

Help › Forums

New courses?

Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:49 PM (94 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Fri, Dec 8 2017 6:49 PM

Any hints on new courses?

Also, are we going to lose one like we lost Oakmont?

Tom.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Dec 8 2017 11:28 PM

Let's hope for next year's US Open course, Shinnecook Hills Golf Club.

Otherwise: Business secrets...

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Dec 8 2017 11:39 PM
    I'd happily bet £100 on no new course next year...an E/W punt, but not a silly bet I feel.
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 12:16 AM

alosso:
    Let's hope for next year's US Open course, Shinnecook Hills Golf Club.

That would be great, and I have my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed it happens.

I can't help but think there has been an ominous silence about this from those in the know at WGT though. I remember MisterWGT posting photos of him at Erin Hills when the photo shoot began to happen, and that feels like it was more than a year ago. I could be misremembering the time frame though.

Nonetheless, much as I might wish it to be otherwise at this point it feels as if it's 50/50 at best whether we'll get another course in 2018, be it Shinnecock or anywhere else.

I would be delighted to be 100% wrong about this.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 2:11 AM

All the course images would already need to be shot.  Then the work to make the course as a program would already in progress.

"Talk" from TG would likely begin in the early part of next year, to get us excited and waiting for the new course.  We all know when a new course gets introduced with some CTTH Challenges on it.

Shinnecook looks a little like Erin Hills to me.

How this, if we hear nothing by sometime in March, don't except a new course.  The thought that we'd loss any course is lousy.

That's just how I'm thinking.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 2:34 AM

The sale of WGT has issued in an arcade feel with this management.  I doubt we get a course but more than likely new sounds when your ball hits on the green.  Balloons go into the air and firecrackers go off and lets not forget the confetti.  Not a good feeling about this bunch.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 2:35 AM

What about the windmill?

I WANT A WINDMILL!!

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 4:16 AM

Perhaps a bridge over troubled waters.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 9:06 AM

HackWilson1930:

Perhaps a bridge over troubled waters.

Given we're talking about WGT here the name Tacoma Narrows comes to mind.........

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 11:08 AM

Now what good course would want to have ties with "world garbage tour"??????

RSS