Forums

Help › Forums

The hottest thread is gone!

Tue, Jun 27 2017 12:37 PM (98 replies)
  • notonthis
    893 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 12:48 PM

Sry duff I seen the original link said it was invalid so I reposted but I can assure you its not virus when I get done with dinner I have another video of me finishing what I was saying. Just wanted to clarify why I'm gone instead of people who think they have messages directly from wgt to be able to give an opinion about me.  I helped plenty and enjoyed doing it but means nothing when you are gone besides the ones I helped and still keep in contact with.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 1:08 PM

googled it, and my fault, sorry :-) its shortlink

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 3:15 PM

Why would anyone think a flag counter is an issue?

Woodoworkery:

gonfission:
    I don't know about you being called a cheat. However, I do know the "flag counter" your sporting on your page, Is 100% against the terms and conditions.

Your saying a flag counter is against the rules? When many many players have it. So its alright for people to creep on my profile and check my stats, but its not alright for me to know how many are looking

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 3:51 PM

I have no idea K, but I asked and waiting on an answer. Been here over 6 years and have never got this much attention.....lol

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 3:58 PM

@Woodoworkery

Consider this part of your 15 minutes of fame.

By the way, nice selfie.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 4:15 PM

More than likely they are employees/ex-employees that know how to use all the programing tricks backdoor,God mode or a dozen other things the builders used for testing.

Same exact thing that happened with EA Sports Tiger Woods, insider knowledge and it starts with a few knowing then slowly grows and grows until you have a army of cheaters and overnight sensations.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 4:33 PM

MBaggese:

So you play along, plod along and reach Champion/TL tier...you keep playing and complaining about the game as you occasionally break 60/30.

Then one day you wake up, and Son of a Gun...."Eureka"..."Watson".....you can all of a sudden shoot mid 50's!....man, after all these years, that was all that needed to be done?

Robert1893:

But it does seem to fit the person I was thinking about, who is not listed as being in Canada (and again, the putting is 1.55 for the player I'm looking at). While maybe the person is legit, it seems really odd to me that someone shoots in the low to mid 60s as a Tour Master and then tiers up to Legend and immediately starts shooting in the mid 50s.

The bottom line is that this is like an ACT question: which item doesn't belong: 55, 55, 55, 56, and 1.55 putts/hole. 

Yes, it's possible that someone could get that good overnight. No, it's not likely that someone does it without externalities at work (IMO). Or to put it more bluntly: how many scores of 55 have you had in the last 3 weeks?

If we assume the timeframe was truly immediate / overnight-ish then sure I agree that could be considered suspect.  I’ve found out the hard way that becoming consistent in this game to where one can shoot mid 50s all the time is very hard – extremely hard actually and I commend those that have done it legitimately.

0 rounds for me mid 50s in the past 3 weeks.  L  Although I fear the backlash should I become seasoned enough to start posting those rounds.   ;)

I still take issue with looking at a leader board and just making the assumption that people who aren’t normally there cheat.  But that’s ok, everyone can think what they want let’s leave it at that.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 4:42 PM

This is the United States calling. Are we reaching?

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 5:34 PM

Robert1893:
    This is the United States calling. Are we reaching?

"She keeps tiering up, and it's a man answering."

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 5:45 PM

🤛

RSS