Forums

Help › Forums

CC Event #50

Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:34 PM (97 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 5:08 AM

The Clashes are slowing down. The Events are definitely not getting the participation they were 30-40 Clashes ago BUT they are still making a "fist full of dollars".

alanti posted some very good comments. He is spot on in regards to the players who still support and participate  one of the most innovated cons in the "on-line gaming" market.. Those players do help keep air in the life jackets of WGT / TG. 

These Clashes will NEVER end. It pays the WGT / TG programmers. They divvy it up after the Clash is over. I'm sure the programmers have to 1. wait until WGT / TG make 100% sure that the Clash is "thoroughly over"  and then and only then 2. WGT will add up all the credits to the absolute correct amount. This could take some time so the programmers are probably a Clash or 2 behind from being paid. As a matter of fact, they may NEVER get paid.

Either way the Clash will go on and people will continue to pour their hard earned REAL MONEY into a senseless "event".

The Clash is NOT a competition. Words or phrases that CAN NOT be associated with the WGT Clash 1. Compete 2. Competition. 3 CC vs CC Tournament. 4. Winner 5. Losers. WAIT! I may take that last one back. Not sure yet.

Have a nice wkend. 

BTW - Great stuff Alan.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 7:28 AM

overtheedge:
    The Clash is NOT a competition. Words or phrases that CAN NOT be associated with the WGT Clash 1. Compete 2. Competition. 3 CC vs CC Tournament. 4. Winner 5. Losers. WAIT! I may take that last one back. Not sure yet.

Well I have to disagree that it's not a competition, because it is. It's just not a golf competition. It's a competition to see which club can buy the most passes in a 48-hour period, as we know.

Perhaps WGT/TG should advertise it on The Shopping Channel :)

• igolfdoyou1
    896 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 9:44 AM

If this was a competition, then they would give everyone the exact amount of credits to use and we would be able to watch each and every 'competition' live (We are all 'buying')One person a gold putter and Wgt profits.(Not that they would confirm or deny how much 'Georgian" or any other club actually spends)Prove to everyone we are wrong in our assumption.

• AlaskanDame
    18,999 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 11:09 AM

Wutpa:

It's just not a golf competition. It's a competition to see which club can buy the most passes in a 48-hour period, as we know.

Perhaps WGT/TG should advertise it on The Shopping Channel :)

+1.  Also, they buy speed boosts.  You should see how fast a round can be played with those!  But, that's not the leisurely sport of golf either. . . . . 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 11:39 AM

AlaskanDame:
    +1.  Also, they buy speed boosts.  

LMFAO

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 12:01 PM

OK...The Georgian is currently almost 60,000 points ahead of the #2 Clash CC with just about 12hrs to go...Clash #50 is already O-V-E-R...but watch them continue at breakneck speed.  They've posted 107,911 pts to Majestic Mountain's 48,631 pts...YES...more than double their closest competitor's output.  Let's see if they forge ahead blindly.

I guess the best way to spin the clashes in a positive way would be for us sane folks to just merely say this, "Thank you all paying clash participants for keeping WGT afloat so we all can enter WGT's URL and not receive a 404 error code...THANK YOU!!!!!!!".  So let's be thankful for the non-competition clashes and the ids who play in them.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 12:42 PM

Or we could be thankful.

They have all the clash interested folk in their club, and we have the country club comp interested folk in all of ours.

They then pay the wages for WGT and we just sit and enjoy the fruits [cough]

I would rather have folk in ours playing our cub comps in their droves and sponsoring sleeves and buying balls with their credits.

We do have some who enjoy clash, using superpasses and trying to win individual games, sort of a bit of strategy and good luck to them.

A member who joins us, plays the odd club comp but turns out blasting away at the clash is in the wrong club.

• gatorbilly
    608 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 3:04 PM

or,, dont buy a pass and enjoy the competition  geez people  wgt is a great game.. if not..why are you playing?? 

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 4:10 PM

ArgyleScott:

has started.

And now it has been  announced.

with the same glitch showing clubs that have played more games than is possible.

Great new glitch: Playing WGT AMIGOS with 40 min. left and the results page says they have won already. Well, ok, they have but c'mon ....

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 4:13 PM

ArgyleScott:
    Great new glitch: Playing WGT AMIGOS with 40 min. left and the results page says they have won already. Well, ok, they have but c'mon ....

I saw that also. I was like. What!

RSS