Forums

Help › Forums

CC Event #50

Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:34 PM (97 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 7:10 AM

pmm711:

What's truly laughable is that even when "The Well-Known Clubhouse" is light years ahead of the pack they continue to pour RL $$ into that current clash.  And for what...a virtual Golden Putter that's no better than my Sabertooth?  If the members of The Georgian actually added up the amount of RL $ they've spent on these clash events then maybe that would be enough of an awakening...but I'm even doubting that would smack them in the face.

It's a sickness I tell ya...a true sickness...

This pic ^^^^^^^^^ is soooooooooo f'ing perfect, I'm using it as my profile pic during EVERY CLASH

Perfection pmm711.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 9:27 AM

All you guys do is bang on with the same thing over and over again,try something original for a change. We just had a great game against Bro country club, and it was all about how members used free passes and super passes. If you try and play it in this manner it can be fun.

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 9:30 AM

Robert1893:

@pmm711

LOL! That never gets old. :-)

Robert.,

I'm glad to be able to make you LOL every time I decide to put this up.  I used to include the clash number on the machine top banner but when the clashes became an every 2 week running event I got sick and tired of updating the damn thing. 

My wife says if I channeled my energy in the right direction I'd be a syndicated cartoonist...that's probably true with all the fodder in the world lately.  I just need to get started.  I think it would be easier than becoming a standup comic...same prep work required.

ENJOY your 48 hours of slow loading WGT play!

Paul

overtheedge:

This pic ^^^^^^^^^ is soooooooooo f'ing perfect, I'm using it as my profile pic during EVERY CLASH

Perfection pmm711.

Over the edge,

I like that idea.  We should all do it.  ROFLMFAO

Paul

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 9:46 AM

shovlovin:

All you guys do is bang on with the same thing over and over again,try something original for a change. We just had a great game against Bro country club, and it was all about how members used free passes and super passes. If you try and play it in this manner it can be fun.

Says the man from the 4th place CC who is about to be awarded a whopping prize package which includes;

• Party Hat Flags
    • 4 CC Passes (Which are actually less considering you don't get the free ones until you use these)
    • and 4 Course Builders (which you have to pay to use)

And you wonder why we continue to beat these clash events up the same way every 2 weeks???? 

Dude...currently your CC has posted 7558 points while The Georgian has posted 29,944.  I don't care if you only use the free CC Passes and the Superpasses...you're wasting your f-ing time.  You get more XP bang for leveling up to level 103 by playing a 9-hole or 18-hole CC tourney.  After Player Level 103 and CC Level 13 there is no true reason to want to strive for more.  But to each his or her own.  These clash event "contests" aren't measuring anything of value.  That's the ONLY reason to beat these things up.  There's NOTHING new/original for us to bash the clash about other than the realization of what the clash event is...A TRASH EVENT.

I'd rather spend money to attend one of these trash events...

• AlaskanDame
    18,999 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 10:14 AM

HackWilson1930:

What will it take to make the WGT naysayers happy?. . . . Ideas?

A variety of tee markers would be fun to have.  So far, we only have the umbrellas because we made a push to be in the top 100 that time.  Glad to see top 1000 get the tee markers this time (even though they are silly hats).  If wgt would just give tee markers down to top 250, I think I'd play more often.  

Oh, and 2 course builders is a real treat.  (And no, unlike posted above by pmm711 "and 4 Course Builders (which you have to pay to use)" you do NOT have to pay further to use them.  You only have to put together a custom course you want to play (which can be done for free).  It's the course builder to PLAY the custom course that normally costs 400 cr --- but can be won in a Clash.

Cheers,

AKD

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 10:49 AM

shovlovin:

If they don't like something they think no one should. The height of arrogance. And i have to believe that many of the nay sayers have never even tried to play in one.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 12:27 PM

AlaskanDame:
    Oh, and 2 course builders is a real treat.  (And no, unlike posted above by pmm711 "and 4 Course Builders (which you have to pay to use)" you do NOT have to pay further to use them.  You only have to put together a custom course you want to play (which can be done for free).  It's the course builder to PLAY the custom course that normally costs 400 cr --- but can be won in a Clash.

Yes but even if you win a Course Builder for free*  isn't there still a minimum entry fee of 5 credits per player to play a CC competition using a custom course?

5 credits isn't much, but it's definitely not zero, so on that basis I'd say pmm71 is correct.

* excluding any cost involved in playing the Clash that gets you that 'free' Course Builder.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 12:53 PM

ArgyleScott:

has started.

And now it has been  announced.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 12:55 PM

borntobesting:
    If they don't like something they think no one should. The height of arrogance. And i have to believe that many of the nay sayers have never even tried to play in one.

i'd have to disagree with that, B2B. Many of us saw this for what it was right from the start, nothing but a meaningless cash grab on the part of WGT. We had hoped that by voicing our displeasure with the current way it is set up, changes would be made to actually make it a "competition". If there is any "arrogance" involved, it falls squarely on the shoulders of those who put this travesty in place to begin with.

You are correct that many of us have never tried to play in one, as the way things are, there is simply no logical reason to. A universal boycott, or, an alternative format which will generate a larger revenue stream appear to be the only way to make this fiasco disappear. I have to believe that even the die hards that continue to support this would opt out to play in a fair competition leaving the "Clash" to take it's rightful place in the ranks of pitifully flawed ideas.

Doc :(

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 1:12 PM

Never had this in my life, and i had to wait till it counted down from 60 seconds 3 times

Can WGT handle us all now............especially when clash cash wasters are hammering away.

RSS