Help › Forums

CC Event #50

Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:34 PM (97 replies)
  • Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 1:14 PM

Wutpa:

AlaskanDame:
    Oh, and 2 course builders is a real treat.  (And no, unlike posted above by pmm711 "and 4 Course Builders (which you have to pay to use)" you do NOT have to pay further to use them.  You only have to put together a custom course you want to play (which can be done for free).  It's the course builder to PLAY the custom course that normally costs 400 cr --- but can be won in a Clash.

Yes but even if you win a Course Builder for free*  isn't there still a minimum entry fee of 5 credits per player to play a CC competition using a custom course?

5 credits isn't much, but it's definitely not zero, so on that basis I'd say pmm71 is correct.

* excluding any cost involved in playing the Clash that gets you that 'free' Course Builder.

Ignorance is bliss - no you do not have to pay anything to set and play a country club custom course - it costs one course builder to create the course and zilch to put it up as a club tourney with FREE entry

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 1:27 PM

borntobesting:
    If they don't like something they think no one should. The height of arrogance. And i have to believe that many of the nay sayers have never even tried to play in one.

No-one has ever said that, and I have said if someone likes playing the clashes, then play them.

But what a laughable comment "the height of arrogance".Based on what?

The height of arrogance is WGT.=, not the "nayslayers".

After the very first clash, players were vociferous in the condemnation of the clashes as they were not fair and equitable according to club size, nor not based on skill nor were prizes an incentive to play.

In other words it was a cash grab or auction - winning bid wins, which is a distinct advantage for a large club willing to buy passes and churn out any score.

This has always been the problem and the company did not listen to those concerns, even when members were contacted directly by the marketing team asking for feedback.

They tinkered with prizes a year or so on (course builders/ a few balls) but hardly an incentive.....and they cost WGT zero. 

Real clashes are CC vs CC - where you play head to head, form new friendships and compete....in a game of skill vs skill. The prize is Kudos......and is fair

The feedback they got was overwhelmed by customers writing in praising the event. or word to that effect.

The concept was excellent, the excellent and having a modified stableford competition looked like a great development for Country Clubs (especially as they are a life blood of this game). 

So how are the players more arrogant than the company that puts on this load of shite?

I also disagree that nayslayers have not played in one - I and most of the CC members played the first one, and saw that it was a con. I played 1 other clash (1 game using the free pass and starter ball) ......................

Our CC has probably played in 3 or 4 total - members are free to start and play.......they choose not too.

The only good that comes from the clashes are the profitability of WGT. which is good for all of us to keep the game going and hopefully aid the development of the game.......sadly the latter is marginal. 

So to all those that continue to contribute to the coffers of WGT via clashes, thanks from me.......but then again if they were living in the Sahara Desert, someone would probably sell sand to them.

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 1:47 PM

cc non event number 50 should be the correct title of this thread

• AlaskanDame
    19,000 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 2:11 PM

Wutpa:

Yes but even if you win a Course Builder for free*  isn't there still a minimum entry fee of 5 credits per player to play a CC competition using a custom course?

5 credits isn't much, but it's definitely not zero, so on that basis I'd say pmm71 is correct.

* excluding any cost involved in playing the Clash that gets you that 'free' Course Builder.

Nope - that 5 cr minimum entry fee is for tournaments that you set up with Set of the Week Clubs.  No special charge for Custom tourneys (at least not the last time we played one), unless you also use Set of the Week Clubs.

***EDIT***  Sorry, I see now that Rabbit already answered your question . . . .. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 2:22 PM

AlaskanDame:

Wutpa:

Nope - that 5 cr minimum entry fee is for tournaments that you set up with Set of the Week Clubs.  No special charge for Custom tourneys (at least not the last time we played one), unless you also use Set of the Week Clubs.

***EDIT***  Sorry, I see now that Rabbit already answered your question . . . .. 

Fair enough, I stand corrected. We don't use much of either the Course Builders or the SOTW in our CC so it looks like I misremembered (with misremembering being somewhat different than ignorance, thanks Rabbit. Bliss generally not included.)

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 4:00 PM

borntobesting:

shovlovin:

All you guys do is bang on with the same thing over and over again,try something original for a change. We just had a great game against Bro country club, and it was all about how members used free passes and super passes. If you try and play it in this manner it can be fun.

If they don't like something they think no one should. The height of arrogance. And i have to believe that many of the nay sayers have never even tried to play in one.

What a laugher this comment is...I was a long-term member of The Georgian a long, long time ago, played in many, many clashes and still have friends over there.  When I played in clashes I saw little benefit as my CC Passes earned far less XPs vs. other types of play.  I also saw that the format was skewed to spending vs. talent.  So the clashes are truly far, far, far & away from being a virtual golfing ability competition.  It's a spending competition....NOTHING MORE...NOTHING LESS.

I actually support The Georgian in their quest to win every single clash from here on out.  Doesn't mean I don't think the quest is asinine...which it is...but more power to them...and to everyone else who enjoys the clashes...no matter how asinine it is to participate in them.

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 5:11 PM

I'm not a clash fan - but accept that it is here to stay.   The one good thing to come out of it (IMHO) is the 3 hour passes which are free and can be used to generate points for your CC regardless of whether you use them in a clash/CC event/ WGT comp or just a round for yourself.

Be thankful for small mercies....

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 6:31 PM

ArgyleScott:

has started.

And now it has been  announced.

with the same glitch showing clubs that have played more games than is possible.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 7:08 PM

People wish to "play" in it more power to them if they enjoy it.  

Anyone who is ever involved ever in it in my CC that's great, the rest would only say go break a leg...................I have no clue if someone pressed play as not checked.

It is however also only what it is.  Banging around Merion 6 times in it fast (or once slowly) after "discussing pass tactics" - seriously?  

WGT have had many suggestions and examples of something worth bothering with away from this cash grab.............

EDIT: BTW @  pmm711Yes agree with others that cartoon is simply very good.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 12:12 AM

Jimbog1964:
    WGT have had many suggestions and examples of something worth bothering with away from this cash grab.............

For me this is the most disappointing aspect, many players have offered suggestions that would result in more players engaging in a fair, skill based competition, yet the suggestions were simply ignored.

Not only shortsighted and arrogant, but poor business acumen. 

For those who grind away.......wow, mind numbing stuff shooting the same course over and over without worrying about scores (reminds me of the grind when players played the par 3 course to attain the R1 driver lol).....at least back then there was a reward and players did not pay for passes or balls.

I wonder if some players wake up after the clash as say....wtf did I do that.......and what for......because any rational person surely would.........

RSS