Forums

Help › Forums

CC Event #50

Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:34 PM (97 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 3:16 PM

They tried the World Cup Jim.......blew out early.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 6:12 AM

pdb1:
      Looks like mine aren't going through either . 

Well, you got 15 thousand others, so I'm sure you'll be ok. :-)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 11:11 AM

@pdb1,

Paul,

I appreciate your comments back, and I respect your opinion.  Many of us disagree, and have as much right to our opinions as anyone else.  Some people don't feel we should voice our opinions however.

To me, and many others, it's sad that things being what they are should just be accepted regardless, because that the way it is.  Will it change?  Doubtful, WGT being what it is.

Regarding The Georgian recruiting process, I would ask you to look at the post by the person who claims to have lost about 600 CDP in the following thread:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/476674.aspx?PageIndex=7

Pay special attention to this paragraph:

"This decision to quit is simply my protest for the poor customer service by TrueGolf and their double standards (I guess it would have helped if I was a member of The Georgian).  I'm done playing on here and will not spend another dime to put in their pockets."

Next look at her profile page and see what CC she is now belongs to, and how many clash points she claims to have posted in this last clash.  You will also find in her activity where she purchased 50 CC passes twice.

Then look at posts on the thread below from 07/07, one at 6:53 AM, and one at 11:09 AM. and read how a couple of members at The Georgian were treated:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/477766/3255526.aspx#3255526

I had dealing with both of these guys during the current TZL match tournaments that started in April.  I am friends with both of them and know they are good guys.

I admit this is a more difficult way to shows the posts in question, but I am being very careful about not naming any other players directly. 

I am convinced that the recruiting mentioned by many is taking place.  Not prohibited, but certainly questionable from a fairness point of view.  It's the clash equivalent of bringing in ringers.  I'm not the first to bring up this practice, and I'm sure I won't be the last.

All the above being said, it won't change anything, and I know that.  Opinions will remain divided as to what the clashes really mean.  The Georgian Members will be proud of their accomplishments, and naysayers will belittle them.  Status quo.

As I've said before, if t members of any CC enjoy competing in the clashes, more power to you.  My personal feelings are that winning a clash is worth what John Nance Garner said being Vice President was worth.

On a personal note Paul, you have a great reputation regarding your CC, and should be proud of what you have accomplished with it.  I also appreciate that we could exchange civil comments without degenerating into name calling or worse. 

All my best to you,

Jeff

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 12:48 PM

pdb1:

phred952:
    My biggest problem is and has always been that the playing field is not level due to the different sizes of the CC's playing each other.  But nobody who supports The Georgian or the clashes wants to talk about that aspect of things.  It's a built-in unfairness of each clash, creating a playing field that's not level simply by the member numbers.

That is a given . It is what it is .

phred952:

Can they be proud that they organize their members to play?  Sure that's something they do a fine job with.  But in the post above I was not "giving the Georgian a hard time"  My remarks as shown below:

"Then you come up with the same old useless platitudes so you can feel good about your accomplishments"

were aimed at the person I directed my reply at, a specific person, not the whole CC membership.  

As was the comment about taking pride in being #1, with what followed it, but I will admit that was not clearly spelled out.  So my fault for not saying that in a way that my intent could be clearly understood by everyone.

Silver lining . Glass half full . Positive attitude . Appreciation for efforts made . 

phred952:

Three is the last minute recruiting that goes on just before a clash, and how space is made to do that.  While not prohibited by WGT rules, it certainly seems questionable to many.  Is that fair play to the other CCs and fair to a member who might be removed just to make a space for a ringer?

So I ask you to prove to me I am wrong in my theory as to how they approach and play the clashes.  And answer the questions I've posed to you above.

If true . Would be hard to dispute . 

You're ridiculous pow1. You really are.

You are an absolute embarrassment to this game and especially to these forums.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:34 PM

ArgyleScott:

has started.

and now it's ended. Give it a rest.

RSS