Forums

Help › Forums

CC Event #50

Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:34 PM (97 replies)
  • MHeim3
    55 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 5:17 PM

and how does a club gain 1000s of points in the last 5 minutes of a clash with 3 people playing?.....ridiculous

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 8:08 AM

did not participate in this clash or the last 8 for that matter. There are 5 pages of knocking the Georgian club & the clash itself, this will not be one of them. Even though they won & keep playing even though they had a healthy lead is really more about the fact they like playing in them & their internal drive to boost individual total clash points to position individuals in the club for consideration in receiving the GP. None of your clubs have ever had to deal with how to distribute the GP . The first few might be easy, Owner, director but 44 in row, what then. That is the #1 reason they continue to play well into a big lead. Also that club has some awefully nice members , no shortage of members donating credits & balls for monthly tourneys even when they continue to spend in the clash. They have full slate of free & credit tourneys that are well represented. I for one really enjoyed my time spent playing in that club. Joining other clubs you get to see how other clubs operate, none so far would be perfect, different but not perfect.  And lastly we all like playing this game, probably more the we should, shouldn't  WGT be healthy so they can continue to grow, that we can get new courses to play, that this site is solvent & we can continue playing & having fun? If the clash helps keeping the game alive so be it. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 11:14 AM

Dennis you liked playing the Clash and that is fine - For the life of me no clue why anyone would see it how you do but it's a fee choice thing, and I would have it no other way.  Why they never introduced something else as well is a shame but all discussed.....

dancingdennis:
    None of your clubs have ever had to deal with how to distribute the GP

That is a choice thing.  I see it as no achievement at all, just a very silly position to ever get in.  Others disagree also great.

• Nancy1959
    7,068 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 11:39 AM

Thanks for offering your perspective, Dennis.  We miss you, by the way!   :)

Let me just say a few things.....

I have been at The Georgian for almost six months and I love it!  We have so many great members and a lot of comraderie going.  One of the things that brings us together as a team is staying on top and having our CC listed that way in xp every week and twice a month in Clashes.

I know, I know.....there are plenty of people who say, "So What?  You are not #1 as a CC for having the top WGT players."  That statement would be true, but we do have many very good players and some amazing competition in our CC tournaments which get huge turnouts consistently.

There is a lot of teamwork and team pride at The Georgian.  And as far as the GP, no it apparently is not some kind of magic putter.  But what it represents to The Georgian is like the "ultimate teammate trophy."   That is why when I was awarded one several months ago, I have passed on receiving it since to allow for some of my teammates to receive it before me.  That's part of being a team!   I don't play for me, I'm part of a special team.

Some of you can (and will) make fun of us all you want....and that's okay.  I can even laugh at most of it (like the funny Clash vending machine graphic).   That was really funny!!!    :)

But I just wanted to explain that from my perspective, The Georgian is a very special group and team.... and has made this game fun for me and many others.

~Nancy

• Nancy1959
    7,068 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 8:46 PM

bubbsboy:

Sick of fckin about.

CLash is sh!t....Georgian can win fck all other than clash

P!ss poor red tee club.

Wow!  How is it that I have been "monitored" for years before my posts appear in the WGT forum (when every one of them is always accepted) and you and others can write something like the above without any problem?  Anyway, I am really glad that I am at The Georgian and not in your country club, LOL!

~Nancy

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 10:31 PM

bubbsboy:

Sick of fckin about.

P!ss poor red tee club.

Funny little tantrum lol

Feel better now??

hehe

Brian

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 1:33 AM

Nancy1959:
    I have been at The Georgian for almost six months and I love it!  We have so many great members and a lot of comraderie going.  One of the things that brings us together as a team is staying on top and having our CC listed that way in xp every week and twice a month in Clashes.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 2:58 AM

Nancy1959:
    I'm part of a special team.

Indeed.........You like it and so great.  

I think our periscopes have different glass, put it that way.

I hope you have many more happy times there, and glad you found somewhere that suits you:)

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 10:05 AM

I am glad as well

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 10:24 AM

bubbsboy:

Sick of fckin about.

P!ss poor red tee club.

bubbsy!!!!!! quit being a "forum monkey"

Being a member of bubbs club...id just like 2 say that I APPLAUD the georgian in their ultra organised clashes :)

not for everyone i know....but surely the "monkeys" can stay away from thread bashing at least once.

RSS