Forums

Help › Forums

Turf wars

Sat, Jun 3 2017 5:19 PM (137 replies)
  • JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 5:26 PM

pdb1:

.... I now play for fun . And is why I am still here ....

What brought that up anyway ? 

What brought it up... Must have been the fool who said

"The mobile version is not for serious online golfers anyway?"

just a thought, but I think most people play games for fun. And even those who play for fun don't attribute their declining score with irrelevant excuses. Mick, for example, also started a CC, and has no trouble scoring 55 in a round. He also advises members that the main purpose of his CC is to have fun.

Personally, I never heard of WGT Golf until I bought an iPad Pro. It has a screen as large as many PCs. I've played on a PC with a 30" screen. Although the PC version may have some more detailed options, I much prefer the mobile version. It is also more convenient to keep up with Consecutive Days Played; which most will likely agree is the primary method of advancing to higher levels, both for members and country clubs.

So, for anyone who may agree, and is looking for one of the now minority of Country Clubs that are mobile oriented, feel free to look into NYCCC. You'll be welcomed; and never chastised for preferring to play on what to us is the more enjoyable platform for WGT. 

If you're looking for a game for serious golfers, you might try golf, not online games.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 5:31 PM

pdb1:

jayw4862:

JasCooper:
    I'd put my money on Mick

Agree. He shoots better on mobile than 99.9% of the PC players do. 

Is it that he shoots better ? Or is it easier because there are less variables and precision required ?

So, play against him on a PC. My money's still on Mick. He's proved it on both platforms.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 5:51 PM

JasCooper:
    So, play against him on a PC. My money's still on Mick. He's proved it on both platforms.

First, I think you should probably consider taking it down a notch. While I don't agree with some of the stuff Paul has written about the mobile platform, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. And second, you probably shouldn't be writing checks other people would have to cash.

Even though I'm sure Mick can more than handle himself in a game (everyone agrees he's an excellent player), why are you bringing someone else into this conversation? Let people speak for themselves.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 5:52 PM

pdb1:
      Lol . Another one with a terrific sense of humor . Very admirable your hope and optimism for the mobile play . 

Tnx for the compliment on my sense of humour, no matter how sarcastic.

My HOPE is hat the PC version will thrive and continue to grow from strength to strength as it is now and always has been my favorite mode of play.

However my OPTIMISM for the mobile play is not optimism, rather it is a reflection of the direction that game development is moving. Change is inevitable in all things IT related and to ignore obvious technological changes makes us comparable to the Luddites.

New technology has a habit of making the old obsolete, this is not my opinion , just plain fact.

Example

Fax - email

Vinyl - CD

CD - MP3

Video - DVD

etc, etc, etc

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 6:01 PM

JasCooper:
    Personally, I never heard of WGT Golf until I bought an iPad Pro. It has a screen as large as many PCs

Unless you're referring to laptops (which means we're not dealing with external monitors), that's just silly. I'd be surprised if anyone even buys 17-inch monitors anymore. I'd guess that the average size of a desktop monitor is probably 21 inches.

If I recall correctly, an iPad Pro is either 9.7 pr 12.9 inches, depending on the model.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 6:33 PM

How did this go from someone asking about turf wars to this person has that avg...another has a diff......mobile vs pc?........

Some of us would like to know how this new clash thingy works.......and yes...I know I'm illiterate........but could  someone with a clue just answer the fk'n kwestshun?....

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 6:52 PM

sheepsass:
    Some of us would like to know how this new clash thingy works.......and yes...I know I'm illiterate........but could  someone with a clue just answer the fk'n kwestshun?....

Same here. I have no idea what it is, but I think I inadvertently started a Turf War for our club. :-(

RSS