Forums

Help › Forums

Turf wars

Sat, Jun 3 2017 5:19 PM (137 replies)
  • Next260
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 6:12 PM

I started on a Kindle 6.5 inch Fire .

I then received the generous gift of a laptop.

So obviously I have played on both and I like both, but my Kindle is reserved for travel days when it is not convenient to bring the laptop.

I have et to see the Turf Wars option, but it sounds like more fun than the coin game rooms.

Just my .02 cents.

• Berto057
    219 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 11:16 AM

Apparently, the "crazy meter syndrome" that seems to plague us during CC Clash Events also applies to Turf Wars.  Meter was fine before TW started, and it's been mayhem ever since.

BTW, I play most on an iPad, have cleared the Safari offline data and rebooted from full shutdown.  No change...

Guess I'll be playing the garden tools (Max Meter clubs) until the TW ends.

Play Well, --Berto

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2017 9:30 AM

G'day Berto. I know it's a standard wgt response, but did you try deleting the app, reboot, then reinstall? That has solved issues for me in the past. I only play on iOS and have no meter issues when a tw is on. Hope you can get it resolved, good luck mate!

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 2:16 PM

Was doing a search and ran across this thread. 

Background. I started in July of 2016.  So less than a year. 

I started on mobile. I played on mobile for two months before trying pc  platform. 

The vast majority of my xp  is on mobile. 

However I still play cc  tourneys and alternAte shot matches on pc

My ranked rounds is low because the nine hole h2h matches on mobile don't count. I've always tiered up early. Hit legend at 83 with about 202 RR. Win a ready go and I tend to get bumped up. 

The point in this post is to dispute the assertion i n this thread that mobile is easier. It's not. I

It is harder to hit the ding on mobile. No chip view to analyze putts differently. And if course screen is much smAller. 

I can usually do better on pc by a tad. Just because of those two factors. 

I play mobile more because I can sit on back porch and smoke cigars while playing. 

I do bounce back and forth. But it usually takes a few holes to adapt to timing. Especially when I go from pc to tablet. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 2:57 PM

Tigerpaw509:
    Please tell us again how great you are,also could you include some charts and graphs and some details about ball lie and what club you used.We all are so interested.

This thread just got resurrected, and I happened to see this post. Not sure why I missed it previously. In any case, I'll take the time to respond to it now, even though I'm sure you don't care. Still, you did suggest that you are interested. Even with the passing of time, I'm sure your interest has remained, unabated. 

I've never claimed to be great at this game. So, I don't know where that came from. I've always said that I'm about an average player, who happens to have a really good round every now and again.

In other words, you missed the whole point of my post. To recap that portion of the discussion, here is how it went:

jayw4862: Agree. He [AussieMick] shoots better on mobile than 99.9% of the PC players do.  

You: Thats because the mobile is easier to play

Me: Yes, because that's the only possible explanation. Well done!

So, my point was that the reason AussieMick might be able to beat a lot of PC players was not due to the platform he plays on. Rather, the reason could simply be he's a very good player, which I have seen a lot of people attest to. 

Regardless, at no point did I write, suggest, or even allude to the idea that I'm a great player. I'm not. I'm decent. But so are a lot of players.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 3:10 PM

Mythanatos:

The point in this post is to dispute the assertion i n this thread that mobile is easier. It's not. I

It is harder to hit the ding on mobile. No chip view to analyze putts differently. And if course screen is much smAller. 

Both platforms have advantages. Personally, I think it's a wash, with neither providing a significant overall advantage. 

RSS