Forums

Help › Forums

Turf wars

Sat, Jun 3 2017 5:19 PM (137 replies)
  • ekboktwo
    45 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 12:23 AM

WGT I would just like to know exactly what i am paying passes for? Sure, Turf War.... but what is it and how does it work? Who is responsible for unlocking? Individuals, Country Club, Community? Keen to hear from anyone that has managed to unlock its secrets

• jenwren
    2,670 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 1:55 AM

That's ok then

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 6:34 AM

ekboktwo:

A new tab added to CC home page instead of the usual clash club vs club its added as "Turf War A Call To Arms" it requires 320 CC passes to unlock! Thats over 6000 credits! Hopefully someone can offer more information soon

It is not 320 passes for 1 person but rather 320 passes for the entire CC. So if your members use 2 or 3 of their free passes it won't cost anything. It appears that the amount of passes required is different for each CC. Ours is 402 and there have already been 76 passes paid.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 7:27 AM

It seems that WGT intend the future of this game to be on mobile platform. I have a feeling that the bulk of any future developments & initiative will be geared to suit the mobile player.

From the companies perspective this provides much greater access to larger numbers of potential customers. With multi-million small purchases by users that will accrue much more than the spend by tens or hundreds of thousands of current players.

Seeing as they never got the cross platform functionality up and running I fear that they may eventually just cut the PC based version loose if the revenue stream from mobile consolidates.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 9:02 AM

Premed:

It seems that WGT intend the future of this game to be on mobile platform. I have a feeling that the bulk of any future developments & initiative will be geared to suit the mobile player.

From the companies perspective this provides much greater access to larger numbers of potential customers. With multi-million small purchases by users that will accrue much more than the spend by tens or hundreds of thousands of current players.

Seeing as they never got the cross platform functionality up and running I fear that they may eventually just cut the PC based version loose if the revenue stream from mobile consolidates.

This may be one of the features they are testing on mobile first. The wind speed as a 3 mph range instead of a single speed was tested on mobile for at least 2 or 3 months before they brought it to the web version. And all of the mods at one time or another have said that web version is here for many years to come.

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 9:08 AM

The PC players are people who put WGT where they are now, and in return we will get an inferior game to all the kids and other fiy-by-night players who are happy to play the game on an inferior platform. 

Seems that since WGT were taken over by TOPGOLF we PC players no longer matter. I have noticed also this past few months that we rarely if ever see the Mods come in to the forums with any comments as they used to. TOPGOLF is slowly but surely strangling this game in order to maximise revenue.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 9:08 AM
     borntobesting:

ekboktwo:

A new tab added to CC home page instead of the usual clash club vs club its added as "Turf War A Call To Arms" it requires 320 CC passes to unlock! Thats over 6000 credits! Hopefully someone can offer more information soon

It is not 320 passes for 1 person but rather 320 passes for the entire CC. So if your members use 2 or 3 of their free passes it won't cost anything.

on my page it says 201/354.............

, perhaps the number of passes required is based on club membership or level?

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 9:32 AM

Okay guys treat me like a 2 year old here   lol

I can't see what you guys are talking about on my CC home page, on my page, anywhere at all so help me out if you don't mind.

What exactly is this, where do I find the numbers you speak of, etc.    I would appreciate it.

Will

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 9:34 AM

" Turd Wars " , ftfy. Much ado about nothing.

Doc :)

RSS