Forums

Help › Forums

OK I GIVE UP WHERE`S THE CAROUSEL?

Sat, Mar 25 2017 5:04 AM (115 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,521 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 11:26 AM

lonniescott711:

Got a response back and its all on Livegamer . Just have to wait on them to fix the issue and WGT is waiting on them as well to  respond back and let them know something 

Maybe new firewall issues due to  move?  It's getting worked on so everyone should just relax.  Why fret over a few days where you're not glued to watching ads for credits.  R-E-L-A-X.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 11:50 AM

Actually I have not been able to view the carousel on any browser for months. But for 6 views per day with no bonuses here, it simply was not worth it. It is not like that could afford me to play a decent ball. It would not even allow me to play Tour SD's....

But when it did work and I could be bothered doing it, I would press play and play a game - I would never see the ad so from the advertisers POV, it was wasted advertising.

And I fear many advertisers probably feel that way, that the users are abusing it so wouldn't they be better off finding a medium that does find their target audience?

Livegamer need to prove to their customers that the advertising hits the target audience - that is hard to quantify either way, but some due diligence by the advertisers may give them clues.

This sounds like a technological glitch......but at some point......

From that perspective, is it TG's fault?

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 12:42 PM

alanti:

Actually I have not been able to view the carousel on any browser for months.

ditto
    fourdude:

mathia14:

Seems like since topgolf took over this place this going downhill fast.  JMHO.

I could not agree more.

Yep, it was going downhill, now just faster. 
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 1:06 PM

JFidanza:

fourdude:

mathia14:

I could not agree more.

Personally I am not sure.....it depends from what perspective.

Communication probably has deteriorated but was never a strong point prior....

Lack of new courses.......well this had been on the decline anyway, taking best of courses out of the equation. One course a year is probably not enough to keep a lot of players playing as much as they could....but this is probably a commercial choice as investment must create a return.

Other Investment - Ok this has become a joke......gimmicks are all that get added, nothing much that adds value to the game IMO. For me, the decline started when Baseball was released. It sucked money from WGT....like the proverbial luxury yacht sitting in a mild acid year round.....now TG do the same

CS - is OK IMO, usually! Yes there are canned auto responses that are laughable, but usually they sort an issue unless that issue is a third party.....

Game Stability - has been pretty good for a while....multi-player games at one stage was nigh on impossible....so improvements IMO

Credit Offers - depends on where you live.....for me it has always been bad.....now it has slipped slightly to zero offers......

I sit on the fence, but when TG invested in WGT I was hopeful......nothing much has changed IMO, that is the disappointment.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 1:13 PM

alanti:

JFidanza:

fourdude:

mathia14:

I could not agree more.

Personally I am not sure.....it depends from what perspective.

Communication probably has deteriorated but was never a strong point prior....

Lack of new courses.......well this had been on the decline anyway, taking best of courses out of the equation. One course a year is probably not enough to keep a lot of players playing as much as they could....but this is probably a commercial choice as investment must create a return.

Other Investment - Ok this has become a joke......gimmicks are all that get added, nothing much that adds value to the game IMO. For me, the decline started when Baseball was released. It sucked money from WGT....like the proverbial luxury yacht sitting in a mild acid year round.....now TG do the same

CS - is OK IMO, usually! Yes there are canned auto responses that are laughable, but usually they sort an issue unless that issue is a third party.....

Game Stability - has been pretty good for a while....multi-player games at one stage was nigh on impossible....so improvements IMO

Credit Offers - depends on where you live.....for me it has always been bad.....now it has slipped slightly to zero offers......

I sit on the fence, but when TG invested in WGT I was hopeful......nothing much has changed IMO, that is the disappointment.

Could WGT be  tax writeoff for TG??????

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 1:58 PM

mathia14:
    Could WGT be  tax writeoff for TG

They probably wish it were so now. WGT sold them on the millions of registered player, not on the actual active players.

I'm waiting for the life-jackets to go on sale in the proshop.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 2:16 PM

ZioMio:
    They probably wish it were so now. WGT sold them on the millions of registered player, not on the actual active players.

Regardless of the assumed actual numbers, the purchase price would have been based on proven profitability and would have undertaken due diligence.

The number of players, registered or active, would only be considered if there was a value add for TopGolf venues. But I to my knowledge have never received and advertising or promo material emailed.....but there are no TG venues here.

The odd thing is there seems to be little synergies between the two companies, unless they want to incorporate WGT courses into their TG venues.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 2:42 PM

alanti:
    The odd thing is there seems to be little synergies between the two companies, unless they want to incorporate WGT courses into their TG venues.

Well they just moved to new offices .... maybe something is coming ;-)

Image result for cartoon kid holding his breath

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 2:51 PM

ZioMio:
    Well they just moved to new offices .... maybe something is coming ;-)

Or could be downsizing lol

I would like to think the merger/acquisition would bring benefits to the WGT players.....to say it has been overwhelmingly disappointing thus far would be an understatement.

What WGT always has had though is a great base product....it is a great game.....but it could/should be so much better.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 3:03 PM

alanti:
    What WGT always has had though is a great base product....it is a great game.

Agreed ... that is why most of us stick it out.

alanti:
    it could/should be so much better.

Image result for new and improved     ..... but we've seen those two words before ;-)

RSS