Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Gear till March ..! Well Maybe !

Wed, May 17 2017 10:23 AM (64 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 1:02 PM

JFidanza:
    but those of us who've been playing all sorts of golf games for 29 years know this isn't the only game in town.

Been playing since before the early Links days when primitive computer golf was rendered in graph form on black and green screens. There isn't anything out there now, like you claimed, that comes even close to this game unless you download something to your own machine. And then you're tethered to it to play.

Links kills this game in every aspect  except the pictures but that's something entirely different. That's still out there and I doubt there's anything as good as that. Haven't looked in a long time because it's pointless.  :-)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 7:16 PM

Robert1893:

Since this past March, I've tracked how many credits I've spent on equipment. It's over 60,000 credits. This past year, I didn't have to purchase a single credit. And, as an aside, I was able to watch the those videos while completing other tasks and complete the surveys while I was watching TV or simply take a break from my work. 

Ya, sorry... but the rest of the world has a very different experience in trying to earn credits. For example, in the last month I've had probably in the area of 30 surverys all end in 5cr dq's and 10 error out. 

Video's are non existent, in Canada, I simply don't get them. VPNing to a US IP sometimes will render some videos, but nowhere near enough to earn at a usable pace. 

Fact is, this game heavily favors US players in the area of 'earned' credit options, just the way it is, not surprising, I would expect it to. 

If you're in some way doubting or questioning the whole 'aggresive' revenue generating model, well... that's just silly. 

As for playing the game as it is? Well that's all you can do, ya you have to play the game as it's made. Driving for those 'kick' landing areas where you get an extra 50yds, the crazy fescue launch, that's great. It would just be nice to have a flop shot play like a flop shot. 

I personally would like this game far more if they got rid of the idiotic specs on balls... It's the most unrealistic aspect of the game. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 8:04 PM

@dedBuNNy

I realize that outside of the US, it can be difficult to earn credits. I wasn't suggesting that my experience could be generalized to everyone on WGT. If I gave that impression or my post implied that it could be generalized in that way, I retract that part of my post. 

Nevertheless, I stand by the overarching point I was making: WGT provides many users with the ability to purchase items with no monetary outlay. If truly they were aggressive, then they wouldn't provide those opportunities to US players.

So I guess I am silly because I don't know what it means to have an "aggressive" revenue generating model. I'm not sure what they do that's aggressive. I've never been contacted by WGT to buy their products, nor have I ever been spammed by WGT.

When I think "aggressive," I think of guy at the kiosk in the mall who keeps after people and won't take "no" for an answer. Of course, now, I just look at him, place my hand gently on on his shoulder, and ask, "Brother, have you heard the good word of the Lord lately?" That usually takes care of it. ;-)

Regardless, what approaches do they take that are so aggressive? And how do their approaches differ significantly from other companies?  

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 9:00 PM

@ Robert1893 

Under normal circumstances, in the past, I would be more than happy to engage n post what would be a long list of 'approaches', as are pretty widely held to be out there. 

As I'm on permanent probation here, I'll refrain from replying as I dont' feel like having to go through 'that' process again. 

K, one..... Nike 5-alarm sale, not really what I'd consider a casual or passive in it's approach. 

I'm done.... ;)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 10:59 PM

Fair enough.

Keep it in the short grass! :-)  

• JASONDUFFNER13
    24 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:46 AM

screw nike, under armor golf?

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 5:06 AM

dedBuNNy:
    I personally would like this game far more if they got rid of the idiotic specs on balls... It's the most unrealistic aspect of the game.

I concur...

EVERYONE should have to play the free balls.  Then the game is even more of a challenge.

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 11:21 AM

Free balls all the way. Do specs on the balls really differ as much IRL?

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 11:46 AM

No bias there then.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 3:09 PM

dedBuNNy:

You are so right. While IRL balls do make a difference, here they're the only real means of generating income WGT has. Ya, equipment sales are in there but they're not disposable like the balls-buy it once and you're done.

Links was that way-everybody used the same equipment and the field was extremely level, dependent on your ability but they didn't need to depend on an income stream, they were selling a game you bought. I would love to see some way to make everybody play the same way but I don't think it's feasible with this endeavor. 

RSS