realistic simulation

Isn't that an oxymoron?

In a word, nope.

But WGT Unexpected error was voted so     XD

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2017 10:36 AM

TCorliss:
    Also I've posted in here 20 times can I get off the probationary list??????????? I mean .... Really?????

I'd be tempted to keep you on the list just for punctuation abuse.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2017 3:41 PM

dedBuNNy:

I would be willing to 'pay' a fee per month to play the game where all the players who were members of the WGT Professional Tour. Where those playing were limited to balls with were far more neutral in specs.

Like say the Lethal's, with minor variations for things like 'distance balls vs high spin balls', but keep in reason, like .5 points, not huge swings and only make like say 4 different ones, not 34. 

Along with no variation in meter, 2.5 for all of them. If you're gear adjusts the meter, fine... but leave all the balls the same meter. 

Also, get rid of the 'ding', as in get rid of the 'perfect' ball strike. Leave it there if you want, but just as reference - just remove the 'target code' which locks in the zeroed ball strike. 

Get rid of the green view for aiming on drives and approaches. 

For those who don't wish to play this way, they just continue playing the game as is... ;)

If wgt were to just simply remove all the nike balls then the game and scores would become more realistic. The introduction of the nike balls was when the game started becoming less realistic. IMHO

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:55 PM

dedBuNNy:
    I would be willing to 'pay' a fee per month to play the game where all the players who were members of the WGT Professional Tour. Where those playing were limited to balls with were far more neutral in specs.

Totally in on this idea. I wouldn't be averse to having everybody play the same thing, including equipment, either. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2017 7:27 PM

Add 20% (for sake of a number for this) to RGs,

I think even a L33 might be too much though?????????  Some scores coming in with that were super dooper.  Some vids from one top player at least using just that we all applauded until we found out his digital enhancements were the real difference.

Good basic idea though.  Been saying similar for ages but revenue models and all that as we know............

Done properly good players would still float same as any cream, but anyone that can't putt / bother to learn greens would be fried as they should and scores will be nearer something approaching "real"........

Still cater for the plastic badge super low average red tee / clash brigade types elsewhere.  Heck double their awards, but elsewhere realistic play would be a turn on too......... 

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2017 3:08 PM

Shows you my level of education, I always thought an oxymoron was a stupid cow. Glad the wife never found out either.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 7:33 AM

Jimbog1964:

Done properly good players would still float same as any cream, but anyone that can't putt / bother to learn greens would be fried as they should and scores will be nearer something approaching "real"........

In keeping with the 'real' aspect... In the "Pro Tour' game would be a functioning handicap system to be used where applicable. 

Never understood why, in an effort to appeal to real golfers, wgt never created an amateur and professional format instead of the tier system which throws everyone into a pool. Multi's aside, a TP should not have to playa Champ on equal ground (unless they choose the 'Custom Handicap' option in game setup, there should be handicaps inplace for those matchups. 

Game has great social interaction etc, they just could have taken it to a whole other level with a little more thought. 

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 5:03 AM

Just reminding everyone when they got rid of the callaway hex balls and swapped them for the chrome soft balls, for months after there was all sorts of problems with them acting like starter balls.

• gerrylangan
    65 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 10:00 AM

Too much money involved, never going to happen

• GregD1972
    64 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2017 8:59 AM

Drop that 95 Driver to 90 :)

RSS