Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Gear till March ..! Well Maybe !

Wed, May 17 2017 10:23 AM (64 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 4:15 PM

"I would love to see some way to make everybody play the same way but I don't think it's feasible with this endeavor."

I would be willing to 'pay' a fee per month to play the game where all the players who were members of the WGT Professional Tour. Where those playing were limited to balls with were far more neutral in specs.

Like say the Lethal's, with minor variations for things like 'distance balls vs high spin balls', but keep in reason, like .5 points, not huge swings and only make like say 4 different ones, not 34. 

Along with no variation in meter, 2.5 for all of them. If you're gear adjusts the meter, fine... but leave all the balls the same meter. 

Also, get rid of the 'ding', as in get rid of the 'perfect' ball strike. Leave it there if you want, but just as reference - just remove the 'target code' which locks in the zeroed ball strike. 

Get rid of the green view for aiming on drives and approaches. 

For those who don't wish to play this way, they just continue playing the game as is... ;)

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 6:20 PM

YankeeJim:
    While IRL balls do make a difference, here they're the only real means of generating income WGT has.

And bejesus...these virtual balls truly lack RL durability.  RL golf wouldn't exist if the balls acted in such a weasely manner.  The virtual balls are actually more expensive.  It's almost as f'd up as the bottled water industry.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 6:20 PM

Some newer games are very graphic intense, and they provide viewing the hole from all angles, and there is an option where you can make games which turn off the green's moving-dot grid (which isn't in real golf anyway) Then you judge the break by observing the topography just as you would IRL.

Natch, this is a little scary to gamers who have got used to depending on an artificial illuminated grid, but it may be interesting to actual golf players who use that method on a real green and prefer a realistic simulation.  

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 6:25 PM

JFidanza:
    realistic simulation

Isn't that an oxymoron?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 7:26 PM

pmm711:

JFidanza:
    realistic simulation

Isn't that an oxymoron?

In a word, nope.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 7:30 PM

K7JBQ:
    In a word, nope.

Absolutely correct. 

• igolfdoyou1
    896 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2017 4:10 AM

I dont care if they dump nike as long as they have a ball that plays as good as nike;They could call the ball piggy or hamburger if they like so long as its good.

• siroutrage
    36 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2017 7:31 AM

agreed Bob  i want that vapor fwy wd  !  lol  see you on the links  , pal ! 

• TCorliss
    82 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 3:00 PM

I have all top gear wondering if ill be losing my nike clubs,and if so will they be the same no matter what they are called? Also I've posted in here 20 times can I get off the probationary list??????????? I mean .... Really?????

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 7:01 PM

TCorliss:
    Also I've posted in here 20 times can I get off the probationary list??????????? I mean .... Really?????

Post a request on one of the moderators' walls (for example, WGTChampion). Sometimes, a person doesn't taken off moderation until they ask. That's what happened with me. Regardless, just ask.

RSS