Help › Forums

Nike Gear till March ..! Well Maybe !

Wed, May 17 2017 10:23 AM (64 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 6:27 PM

alosso:

bubbsboy:
    There`s talk that any Nike gear you have will be changed to WGT clubs/balls anyway.
    Is that genuine company information or just gossip from the visitors' hall?

I can't believe that they would affect what is in our bags - they never did!

Me neither..........

If they do start flogging WGT L98 putters it will be a bad sign though, IMO   - Hopefully they can get a sponsor.  I also hope (forlornly probably) that effectively only name changes on same pixels do not involve price hikes)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:11 PM

well trying to get a sponsor, and not getting any is not saying much on the games future. Why would a major equipment company,not want to be involved with the most realistic Golf  Game in the world? 

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 8:08 PM

Because it is all about the bottom line and considering the billions available in the equipment and apparel market, WGT really is small potatoes.

As long as Hong Kong Phooey doesn't pull the plug we still have a game to play. Does it matter what name or label is on the equipment? Not a jot. So as long as the equipment characteristics remain the same, I don't see a problem. Other than that I'll play the hand when the cards have been dealt.

You lot can sit and bump your gums if you wish, I'm off to play golf....... After a fashion that is.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 10:52 PM

PhilEStein:
    it matter what name or label is on the equipment?

It does, IMHO.

A real brand name & label guarantee advertising income to our host, "just WGT" makes them miss revenue which might be necessary for their future.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 11:02 AM

I understand and accept your reasoning and I also applaud your undoubted deep knowledge of the mechanics of what makes this place tick. Certainly the font of knowledge of all things WGT.

Perhaps I should have specified I was speaking solely from a selfish standpoint in that I am only concerned with playing the actual game. I simply have no interest in corporate or business semantics, never have. My brain lacks the comprehension of what is or might be involved. Hence my comment concerning Mr P.

Simply put, if the game is here I'll play it, if not then I'll find something else to occupy what time I have left on this planet.

HNY btw

Phil

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 11:38 AM

It's not my reasoning but it's selfish:

Without these commercial conditions, we'd have no chance to play the game. So we have to accept them - there won't be a game without these brands and logos and other sponsoring.

I don't need any brands but they are integral part of this site.

Have fun!

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 12:16 PM

Woodoworkery:

well trying to get a sponsor, and not getting any is not saying much on the games future. Why would a major equipment company,not want to be involved with the most realistic Golf  Game in the world? 

Cuzzzzz.... > <

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 12:38 PM

Woodoworkery:

Why would a major equipment company,not want to be involved with the most realistic Golf  Game in the world? 

Rather:

'The most realistic golf game on the web.'

IDK of any other golf games 'on the web' lol

And if people think that a game released almost a decade ago hasn't had more advanced games come along then they should come out from under their rock. 

What seems to be a unique feature of WGT is that you can't fade or draw your irons, when IMO that is more than 50% of a golf game's techniques & realism. (the topic has been discussed and observed, thread links are available) 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:24 PM

JFidanza:
    And if people think that a game released almost a decade ago hasn't had more advanced games come along then they should come out from under their rock. 

Like what?

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 3:06 PM

YankeeJim:

JFidanza:

Like what?

Casting statements are fine but until I see proof absolute I shall stay under my rock.

RSS