Forums

Help › Forums

A tribute to Andyson

Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:18 PM (119 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 8:01 AM

Any ideas for an actual community led tournament? Could you put them in this thread I've started please.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 8:53 AM

overtheedge:

We're talking about a 1 TIME COMMUNITY WIDE TOURNAMENT that all proceeds would go to the National Heart Foundation in honor of our dear friend andyson and by God, WHO DIDN'T KNOW andyson. andyson was just as well known as icon if not MORE and I use icon as a reference because of the tournaments you - WGT - helped him PROMOTE. 

I have no idea why WGT would care who enters a tournament in Andyson's name. ..and what the f*** does it matter who enters. Besides the 20, 30, 50...100..150 people that most definitely would enter in remembrance, who cares if another 50-100 entered just because they can. The point is, it's something in his name, and it's a sign of respect (or apparently...lack of) from WGT,    

Here's hoping Paul's efforts for a community tourney are successful and that maybe we could set up a fund outside of WGT for donations.  I live about 30 minutes from where Denny did and would be glad to work with a bank if we get serious interest....Paulton----hit me up if you like....

Duc

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 12:28 PM

I have so many fond memories of this man. The conversations and so forth are mine to treasure. To not have him here is a void we can never fill. May the wind always be at your back and the skies blue. 

Rich

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 1:18 PM

"I have no idea why WGT would care..."

^^^ is really what it boils down to. And wgt has certainly lived up to this perception. They say talk is cheap...wgt won't even go that far when it matters. A few people have even gone direct to the mods...received nil response or a litany of faux roadblocks. 

ct

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 3:01 PM

dang people the guys dead  R.I.P.    wgt said no  ....   time to move peeps

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 5:05 PM

ct690911:
    .received nil response or a litany of faux roadblocks
      yup

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 1:10 AM

justacowboy:

dang people the guys dead  R.I.P.    wgt said no  ....   time to move peeps

WGT said "no" to a tournament...but their reasoning was lazy and easily countered. They said nothing vis-a-vis other ideas which were presented.

There are a few issues here:.

1. Andyson was a friend to many. I would hope any one of my friends would continue to do what's right vs what's easy.

2. This is a microcosm of how wgt views all of us. Very rarely do so many posters agree on one topic. Honoring this fine man was such a case, yet it garnered contempt by omission.

3. "Nothing worth having is easily won". This was the opening statement to a group of us, before we deployed to one of the world's many chitholes. It is true in any context, regardless of what the goal is...large or small.

ct

Edit : Thank-you Paul (PDB1) for the obit post. I also agree with Jim...I have a sense the Mods are also a little saddened. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 3:24 AM

Well done on the community lead tourney.

My take is the mods are as disappointed as anyone, not their fault.

Some chinless wonder in the brass or legal needs to take stock though, IMNSHO.  The bloke is without any question passed, and I don't see how one tourney would have hurt.  

The place sails as close to the penitentiary walls as it can without somehow not getting pulled in plenty of other ways, and so just don't see any sensible reason for not stepping up here...........Pig headed as ever, not good.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 8:11 AM

pdb1:

1947 - 2016 Obituary Condolences
    Dennis Roger Anderson Obituary
    Anderson, Dennis Roger
    Dennis Roger Anderson, age 68, of Phoenix, AZ passed away suddenly on July 4, 2016. He was born on September 17, 1947 in Chicago, IL to his parents, Hugo and Grace Anderson. He is survived by his loving family, wife Janis, son Chris (Rachel) and his sweetest grandchild Oliver. Plus his brother Donald (Patti) and nieces Cassy, Kim and Nephew Tim and their families. In lieu of flowers, please contribute tospringerrescue.org. Visitation will be held from 2-3PM, with funeral service at 3PM, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, Hansen Chapel, 8314 N. 7th St., Phoenix. Please visitwww.hansenmortuary.com to place online condolences.
    Published in The Arizona Republic on July 10, 2016

while we are playing this game and spending money wgt loves us,

when thats not possible wgt dont care 2 monkeys,

andyson was a star on here,come on wgt whats up with you , do the decent thing

RSS