Forums

Help › Forums

A tribute to Andyson

Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:18 PM (119 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:03 PM

I just wanted to start this thread to express our condolences to his family and friends.  Andyson was a huge asset to this game and we will miss him greatly.

I would love it if other players in this game would post a funny story or fond memory of him in this thread.

- WGTdbloshoe

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:06 PM

He was one of the good guy here in WGT land .  How many of us would look forward to his posts and join in on the fun he would bring to the community . There are way to many good times over the years that he gave his time to bring a smile to all of us .  Last time he and I talked he was working on something for me for a idea to help me with a Surviver thing . 

For us who had the chance to know him we were lucky .

Some talk was posted in the forums for a Tourney in his name . If WGT sets up something that would be great , If not I am willing to do set something up or work with others from the forums to make it happen . 

OPY

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:27 PM

Shoe, although this is a nice gesture on your part, it is way late to the party. There have been several lengthy threads dedicated to Andyson and what he meant to this community.

In each of those threads, WGT has been asked to do something more tangible to honor him. A yearly tournament named for him; elevation to Tour Champion; were but a couple of ideas.

I'm a bit gobsmacked the only response from wgt is to start, yet another, thread?

ct

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:29 PM

I used to joke wiv him over whether his name was Andy son or Andys on.

He said it didn't matter.

1i

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:33 PM

ct690911:

Shoe, although this is a nice gesture on your part, it is way late to the party. There have been several lengthy threads dedicated to Andyson and what he meant to this community.

In each of those threads, WGT has been asked to do something more tangible to honor him. A yearly tournament named for him; elevation to Tour Champion; were but a couple of ideas.

I'm a bit gobsmacked the only response from wgt is to start, yet another, thread?

ct

agreed !!

but here is a classic  :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:44 PM

Andy's humor was genius and probably made WGT squirm sometimes.....but he was also very helpful to many looking for computer help....he was generous in offering his advice.

I am honoured to have known him  -that is about the ultimate compliment I could give.

I too am a little surprised that a new thread has been started, after so long since the news broke.

I would love to see an annual tournament to honor his name.....he did so much for so many of us....Perhaps a donation from WGT to the Heart Foundation would reflect the ball usage or even charge a fee to be matched by the company.

But I do have a question DB, why can he no longer be found on a search?

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:50 PM

Please . It does not matter how many threads were started or who was last to the party . 

Any and all threads for Andyson  should be on a good note . 

Please do not turn this one around in a bad way just to point a finger .

OPY

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:12 PM

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:19 PM

I would like to vote Banana . 

• tw0str0kepenalty
    126 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HLB2qnmED0&feature=youtu.be    one he made with frappeforts head as lead dancer 

RSS