1,013 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 1:22 PM

YankeeJim:

LOL. Andyson rules.  (From his page.)

+1 :-)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 4:05 PM

I am sorry all .. I was just thinking outside to box .   Was not kissing up or tossing under the bus . 

OPY

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 4:39 PM

opyeuclid:
    I am sorry all ..

No need for apologies....we can say what we are thinking as we are adults.

To me your post appeared to be trying to stick up or appease WGT, hence my remark. This is no slur on you as you do a lot of good for WGT.

WGT did/have dragged their heals and as usual no-one is able or capable of making the wishes of the community become a reality.

I support a community memorial event provided WGT will not benefit from such an event.

The only ones throwing someone under the bus is WGT themselves.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 5:40 PM

opyeuclid:

I am sorry all .. I was just thinking outside to box .   Was not kissing up or tossing under the bus . 

OPY

Never forget that WGT wants our money and it wants your money. That's the extent of the relationship any of us will ever have with them. It's the same relationship we have with Banks, car dealers, Insurance...any big company.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 4:35 AM

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 10:35 AM

I think Paul the Scottish curmudgeon has it to rights

Nobody should benefit from this.

Those who can, please donate to his preferred charity.

Those who want to, please enter the tournament in his honour;

The 1st Andyson Annual Memorial Tournament.

Here's what I would like:

18 holes of mayhem

Starter clubs, starter balls, tournament greens, from the tips and 18 holes at Painhurst.

I recommend strokeplay rounds, and I'll put up a sleeve for each contestant.

Opinions, criticisms are welcome!

Cheers,

Peter

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 1:03 PM

petervcpt:

Starter clubs, starter balls, tournament greens, from the tips and 18 holes at Painhurst.

I recommend strokeplay rounds, and I'll put up a sleeve for each contestant.

I like the idea of starters etc....but as for the sleeves NO. Ultra generous but WGT then profits, which under the circumstances goes against the grain.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 4:30 PM

So sad to come back and see WGT has done zilch for Andy. If you ask me, Andy got too close to the bone on many of them over the years, and thats why they wont act. 

Folks, if there is a tourny set up eventually, will someone kindly post on my wall, so that it gets to my e-mail. I would be delighted to play anything in Andys honour.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 4:47 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

So sad to come back and see WGT has done zilch for Andy. If you ask me, Andy got too close to the bone on many of them over the years, and that's why they won't act. 

Folks, if there is a tourny set up eventually, will someone kindly post on my wall, so that it gets to my e-mail. I would be delighted to play anything in Andys honour.

There may be some truth to that...nothing else makes any damn sense. If so, it's nice to see wgt taking the high road...oi vey

ct

RSS