Forums

Help › Forums

A tribute to Andyson

Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:18 PM (119 replies)
  • nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 4:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vet-LjWO4b0&index=212&list=LLqry0Cjp0KbFpf7mUTFl-0g

RIP Andy

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 5:31 AM

opyeuclid:

Hi , my name is OPY .    new to the forums  (this is my first post ) .   

In a way I can understand .

There are many players here in WGT land ,  Cheaters , Multi accounters , Them that have never been to the Forums .

If WGT were to hold this event ,  99% would have no idea who Andyson was or even care .

I think it was smart call .   

I am reformed 

This certainly doesn't appear to be a roadblock for the tournaments WGT does sponsor. They advertise the chit out of it, and whomever plays...so be it.

...but I digress. 

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 5:41 AM

opyeuclid:

Hi , my name is OPY .    new to the forums  (this is my first post ) .   

In a way I can understand .

There are many players here in WGT land ,  Cheaters , Multi accounters , Them that have never been to the Forums .

If WGT were to hold this event ,  99% would have no idea who Andyson was or even care .

I think it was smart call .   

I am reformed 

Howzit

OPY, I'm disappointed with your response. It is also 180 degrees different from what you  posted to me in a PM.

There are MANY of us that have derived pleasure from Andyson's contributions.

With that simple brown-nosing post, you have thrown all of us under the bus.

Shame on you sir.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 5:47 AM

"Honouring a second deceased player IMHO would turn the tier into some kind of "churchyard memorial", inappropriate for living players and with nothing positive for the company. I concur with them here..."

Paul (Alosso), I agree with your post except for this portion ^^. The idea was to memorialize those players who have made a substantial contribution to the wgt community. The tier was developed many moons ago, and has never been used.

It should replace the "community spotlight", which is quite insulting, given the majority of those highlighted have "suspect" stats.

In terms of wgt; it would earn them much needed good will from the players, and not cost them a dime (or a pfenning).

ct

ps: this may not be a perfect analogy, but the military awards medals. I assure you that living soldiers do not considerate it "inappropriate", when the same medal was also awarded posthumously. The honor is in the knowledge that he or she has earned a special place among very worthy company.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 6:24 AM

If you search just T Champ there is one player only.  Adding this guy and making it not shown in the search must be as easy as the last?..Any active player would look on aiming for T Champ as about as relevant as a CC aiming for L21........Unlikely to ever happen, and if it does zero point.  Adding this guy would just be a nice touch, no harm done anywhere IMO.

Tourney wise x1 Andyson Memorial what harm?  

WGT could even donate some (yes we know many balls just won in RGs), and heck get mentioned on the charities website / FB (maybe)........No need to donate at all of course, and would not be a problem.  They could work that one through surely.

Chance of a  fast dodgy $5 through the Clash this place turns on a sixpence, but some thought and doing something that counts anyway and might even reward financially too is deaf ears brass wise.........

I see nothing that should stop a tourney and nothing that should stop T Champ (latter same way as the last deserving person).........

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 7:34 AM

I disagree with Opy's position, as well as with wgt's position; but accusing Opy of throwing us all under the bus is a bit harsh. 

The fact is, the bus had long ago left. That much, wgt has made quite clear.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 7:42 AM

Jimbog1964:
    I see nothing that should stop a tourney

Agreed, Jim.

All folk are looking for is WGT to host the event on the game client. Can't for the life of me see the problem as they've hosted events for others on here; Mr. Harkins' big 'money' tournaments spring to mind with thousands of credits at stake (and wgt's own cut of course).

Jimbog1964:
    Tourney wise x1 Andyson Memorial what harm?  

Thinking the exact same and -  without wishing to step on anyone's toes -  put the following together by editing an original online image.

Original:

@ Organiser(s); feel free to use if suitable.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 8:32 AM

You've got the job Johnny. Maybe change the background to something more contrasting, to bring out the trophy more?

Love the jumpin through hoops, LMAO.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 8:43 AM

PaulTon:
    Love the jumpin through hoops, LMAO.

Yep. no question our friend would approve, lol.

Doc :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 1:14 PM

LOL. Andyson rules.  (From his page.)

RSS