Forums

Help › Forums

*** Tournament Issues***

Mon, Aug 8 2016 1:02 PM (135 replies)
  • 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 12:39 PM

@ WGT_Champion

Do you have any say within the CustomerSupport channels?  I've sent several emails to them and it's becoming rather circular at this point.  I have provided them with Links to my homepage (which provide my bracket score) and then I provide them with a link to the actual tournament and or my opponents homepage and score.

The tournaments (so far) in question are 313308 in which I shot a 27 (it's on my posted scores) and my opponent shot a 28.  When you click on the links I've provided you can clearly see my score is lower;  I've been giving a WD;  my opponent advanced.

The other tournament is ID # 313080.  Once again, you can see both my opponents and I score and mine is lower.  In this case however we have both been issued a WD.  Not trying to be difficult here but................

We have all the information about our scores and posted history right on each players homepage.  Why can't they simply use those score and update the brackets?  I provided the links so the info is easy access.  I'm not getting what the problem is.

Cheers.  Sean.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 12:49 PM

WGTChampion:
    we are working as fast as we can to make this right. We will update you all as soon as we can with further details. 

_CHAMPION

Since there is no reason to play right now I'll get some things done around here ...

I am sure wgt is working on it but when do you think we can play, like a week from tomorrow? 2 weeks?

• jeffmatulich
    482 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 12:59 PM

onekeano:

why do ye persist in adding shite to the game when all it does is fook up the enjoyment for everyone, 

please fix the crap ye have done to the game and get rid of cat balls, tee shot stats and everything else that has messed  up the game in the last 2 years,

surely there is somebody with a bit of common sense in WGT to say lets test all this out before we send it out to the paying public,

losing interest fast, and not the only 1 

Wow....I am surprised your post wasn't deleted like mine was when I used "Lame A (symbol) (symbol)" to describe the tee shot stats.....which are by far and away the most useless "feature" Ive seen from them over the years.  Who cares...every tee shot on every hole reacts differently given the programing - and if you haven't figured out how to adjust spin to maximize (or control) distance then you shouldn't be playing.....now on the other hand, had they given us these stats for approaches too - then that might have passed for acceptable.  Otherwise a cat ball....really?  Freaking REALLY!?!?!?....OMG.  So unbelievably lame.  Not only that, it was the FIRST item on their list.  The very first item on the features list......WOW!

So again I say.....is your code so fragile that when you add a feature - completely unrelated to what has gone into a particular version - you break stuff that is at the core of the system?  if so you guys need a new Dir. of Eng.  Granted you may have been in there fixing some CC and Clash stuff there but really, tournament scoring across the board - someone is (hopefully) looking for a new job today.  and BTW - do you not even bother to test before release?.....like....only a few rounds from you mods (which I'm sure you do participate in the testing, esp. during scrums) surely would have revealed this cluster F...Right?  RIGHT?

So Yancy's pal is hanging out over at Pinehurst no.2 - just saw him this morning after a shanked shot- here was his reaction:

BTW - Just call this a FAIL and revert back to yesterday's version.  Please??? not too much harm not too much foul.....Just back this version off and call it an experiment.....Next time test a bit more, give us more comprehensive features (like shot data on approaches too), and make sure the product is solid enough for release.  This is so very amateurish.  And the cat ball - really - what a 20 something millennial staffer saw this request and thought it was a really good idea that would help generate incremental revenue???.......Good grief.  Get real. SOOOOO Wrong.  And to list that as your first feature - and not mention the tee shot telemetry -  Get on with your jobs and do them well please.    

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 1:22 PM

Hi everyone! I'm writing this here and will also update the top post for players who see that post as this one will likely get buried. 

We have a fix in test for tournament issues, waiting for the greenlight. Once we have a greenlight we will be doing a short downtime to update the game and get your tournaments back in order. The kicker is that due to the nature of the issue your tournament scores that you posted today that did not go through, will still not update to the final cards. It appears the single round tournaments that are marked currently as "not played" even though you have played it, will not be replayable after the update.

I'll have more information for you when I have it. 

_CHAMPION

• jeffmatulich
    482 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 1:28 PM

WGTChampion:
    The kicker is that due to the nature of the issue your tournament scores that you posted today that did not go through, will still not update to the final cards

BTW - I sense there may be a few openings at WGT there in SF in the coming days.  Where should I send my CV?

Edit - Only posting a violent "hulk smash" moment as I am certain there are many here that have been negatively impacted in a way that WGT will not be able to coherently resolve.   I hope they can, but given what we've seen in the past this is not going to be pretty. Punctuation from OP was also a mitigating factor for this image......I will happily delete and replace with Kitty Burritos if outcome is ultimately favorable.

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 1:29 PM

And have you got extra staff in CS to give refunds for lost tourny payouts both wgt and inter CC ???

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 1:30 PM

WGTChampion:
    We have a fix in test for tournament issues, waiting for the greenlight. Once we have a greenlight we will be doing a short downtime to update the game and get your tournaments back in order.

thank you for your quick response

WGTChampion:
    The kicker is that due to the nature of the issue your tournament scores that you posted today that did not go through, will still not update to the final cards. It appears the single round tournaments that are marked currently as "not played" even though you have played it, will not be replayable after the update.

i presume for the Ready Go's, Credit tourneys and CC Credit tourneys,  refunds will be on the cards for everyone that proves they played 

• thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 1:38 PM

onekeano:
    i presume for the Ready Go's, Credit tourneys and CC Credit tourneys,  refunds will be on the cards for everyone that proves they played 

there will be uproar if they arent refunded!!

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 2:20 PM

WGTChampion:

Hi everyone! I'm writing this here and will also update the top post for players who see that post as this one will likely get buried. 

We have a fix in test for tournament issues, waiting for the greenlight. Once we have a greenlight we will be doing a short downtime to update the game and get your tournaments back in order. The kicker is that due to the nature of the issue your tournament scores that you posted today that did not go through, will still not update to the final cards. It appears the single round tournaments that are marked currently as "not played" even though you have played it, will not be replayable after the update.

I'll have more information for you when I have it. 

_CHAMPION

Nowhere in that "We think we know what we're doing, but really we don't know" message do the words "Sorry" or "Apologise" appear.  To describe theft, after all charging for something (by means of balls or tournament entry fees) and not delivering the goods is tantamount to theft, to describe it as a "kicker" is scurrilous and insulting.  

If indeed scores posted do not update, all fees should be returned and each player affected should receive three balls they normally play with.  

Failing to effectively suspend trading whilst you knew of the problem is sharp practice to say the very least.  I will also share this post via customer services, but do feel free to explain yourselves though this thread.

Thank you

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 2:30 PM

thewonderstuff:
    there will be uproar if they arent refunded!!
    A refund alone is grossly insufficient, especially if you're in the finals, or even worst, posted a winning final score and still end up getting a WD.

So you have the potential of winning the bracket and the cost of ball hits needed to advance as far as you did.  If I'm playing 9+ Brackets that's easily 6+ balls used by playing each bracket;  1st, 2nd, and sometimes a 3rd or 4th bracket.

If they don't plan on using our already posted scores found on our homepage (no clue why they wouldn't do this) then at a bare minimum the players should be entitled to balls used in conjunction with bracket entry.  Seems perfectly fair to me.

Cheers.  Sean.

RSS