Forums

Help › Forums

*** Tournament Issues***

Mon, Aug 8 2016 1:02 PM (135 replies)
  • lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 6:09 AM

I reported several bracket tourneys that WD. Less than 8 hours later they were refunded. Well done WGT.

• JeffBeukeboom
    12 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 12:42 AM

The response I got back from customer services was really a low blow. I got screwed over in three different 100CR brackets, one where I had reched the final round already and the other two were R3 of play. I checked I had my opponents beat in all of them. So i would have been in for 1584 to 2160 credits depending on how I'd have fared in the two up-coming finals. And all I get back is 432CR for the one I was already in the final and my entry fees for the others. That just doesn't cut it.

If I was entering these brackets for some participation trophy, I'd choose to enter the free ones.

Since this post is in 'Announcement & News' section, I'd like to ask members of WGT why is there no mention of these issues on the main page News section? Why not include a pop up window telling all the players 'You know what hombre, your scores will not count.' or just testing out future updates beforehand a little.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 10:25 AM

Got screwed out of my final round in Virtual Tour.  After going through 2 sleeves posting 1st round (been away for months so used it as practicve to get back into swing of things) but after all that effort my final round was not posted (and loads of ready go's too) but the biggest pi$$er was the virtual tour, its like a whole lot of effort for NOTHING.  And all i got was a sort of "tough tittty, nothing we can do, tough luck" response from WGT with a pack of balls thrown in.  Its not the point.  Its all that effort of playing unlimkited round then going through hell in final rounds in 30mph winds FOR NOTHING.  I might not have won, but under top 30 is better than a WD and 141.  

• DanC2807
    956 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 3:03 AM

Totally agree.  And, the final round of the Virtual Tour at St. Andrews was the ONLY round I played on the 28th. Talk about crap luck.  Was proud of my 59 in those brutal winds.  Would have been T28 I believe.  The sleeve of balls doesn't cut it.  I told them I'd much rather have the score posted and the VT points, etc. ... but "we have no way to manually add scores to tournaments, so any tournaments played during the time we had this issue are lost."  It sucks but I'll live.  But can you imagine a similar scenario taking place during the final rounds of the VUSO ?

• Pkay72
    229 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 2:17 PM

Threads post  being deleted from forums why?. Read several threads which have gone quickly why? South Korea or WGT

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 1:02 PM

Pkay72:
    Read several threads which have gone quickly why? South Korea or WGT

By South, do you mean North by any chance? Not trying to be a compass pedant but if you're going to make comparisons with repressive regimes the difference may matter.

RSS