• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:57 AM

its only the wgt paying players who have got them there

steve

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 11:07 AM

I'm a bit confused...this TopGolf is a real place...and a bunch of folks on this virtual site are getting excited?...I don't see how this merger helps the PC player...especially if we have to play it on a phone or some little tablet down the road....really?

It certainly helps Chad...he probably got a massive pay raise, and good for him...but from the players end, I don't see any upside or benefit. There are many players who are housebound, or don't live near a real course, or this TopGolf place ...this WGT site is their golfing reality.

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 11:12 AM

ct690911:

I'm a bit confused...this TopGolf is a real place...and a bunch of folks on this virtual site are getting excited?...I don't see how this merger helps the PC player...especially if we have to play it on a phone or some little tablet down the road....really?

It certainly helps Chad...he probably got a massive pay raise, and good for him...but from the players end, I don't see any upside or benefit. There are many players who are housebound, or don't live near a real course, or this TopGolf place ...this WGT site is their golfing reality.

spot on ct690911 m8

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 11:16 AM

PRIESTESS:

Definitely not your Grandfathers' Putt & Bounce.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 11:16 AM

ct690911:

PC Version isn't going anywhere and it's good for players that now we are a bigger company with more resources :) Nothing bad is happening with this merger.  Only good things!

- WGTdbloshoe

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 11:30 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

ct690911:

PC Version isn't going anywhere and it's good for players that now we are a bigger company with more resources :) Nothing bad is happening with this merger.  Only good things!

- WGTdbloshoe

OK Bro...you haven't steered me wrong yet...if you say it's good...then it's good.

cheers,

ct

ps...hopefully a fraction of these "more resources" will be allotted to the worker bees, like yourself, that keep this place running..:)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 11:36 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    and it's good for players that now we are a bigger company with more resources :)

Only downside I see is WGT is now dependent on the parent company doing well..

Other than that...sounds good news for the long term viability / stability of the site..

Let's hope they don't overextend and expand too rapidly Shoe... just so Mainzman can get a game !  ;-)

Andy

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:16 PM

So Mr. WGT

Do we really want to have our 14,000,000 members dump more money on virtual equipment and golf balls, so Top Golf can build more clubs?

Why would anyone want to pay $40.00 and up to dump golf balls off a second or third floor balcony at dart targets for virtual points?

Plus the costs of those fabulous dinning room dinners and drinks. I will go to my local driving range and belt a bucket of balls at predetermined yardage flags for $5.00. I will know how far my ball goes without the aid of an implanted micro chip. And the beers are only $3.00 a pop.

We are going to feed a company that will be non existent in the near future, and face price increases to send them on to bankruptcy.

Aside from your impending wealth from said sale ( merger ), what do we, the WGT community receive in exchange for this sale?

• craigswan
    30,985 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:30 PM

So when is topgolf coming to st Andrews . Scotland .

Donald trump has land for sale or rent .

Right next to a wind farm .

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:31 PM

bigdaddie1:
    Do we really want to have our 14,000,000 members dump more money on virtual equipment and golf balls, so Top Golf can build more clubs?

On the flip side anyone who goes to a Topgolf facility is putting money in the game as well.  So isn't that a good thing?  I would say so :)

- WGTdbloshoe

RSS