Forums

Help › Forums

WGT and TOPGOLF are now one!

Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:53 PM (212 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:19 AM

So WGT has been sold.

Buyer has said will bring dart like gaming to WGTers.  I guess that means people finally get that driving that no one could see any benefit to.

Good luck to any benefactor and commiserations to those clearing their desks.  

Distinctly underwhelmed here, but used to that.  

Hope the new owners can start making their mark soon as far as this game goes.  I hope it's good from the WGTs arm POV.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:23 AM

While I agree that this is pretty big news for WGT and anyone who lives within a short drive of one of the TopGolf ranges, for the rest of us, I don't think there's anything at all.

I don't want to piss all over the flowers but really, for me, big deal.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:31 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    That's cool!  I have been dying to get out to one.  Can't wait for the Vegas one to open.  Topgolf at night, Wolfcreek in the daytime!

You will love it lol. The bays are awesome!  so much room , not like other ranges. They have a privacy netting also so you can sit there with a couple of drinks inside the bay , they are that roomy.The whole establishment is very classy!  Dinning areas, American golf had a store in the one in Loughton. Also there is a huge drinking area with a bar. Its a very social environment.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:33 AM

PRIESTESS:

WGTdbloshoe:
    That's cool!  I have been dying to get out to one.  Can't wait for the Vegas one to open.  Topgolf at night, Wolfcreek in the daytime!

You will love it lol. The bays are awesome!  so much room , not like other ranges. They have a privacy netting also so you can sit there with a couple of drinks inside the bay , they are that roomy.The whole establishment is very classy!  Dinning areas, American golf had a store in the one in Loughton. Also there is a huge drinking area with a bar. Its a very social environment.

I saw videos too and it seemed like it's alot of fun. Def a great place for an afternoon get together

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:36 AM

So instead of adding more courses to WGT (yah yah erin hills in 2017) , we will be getting more arcade games.....Golly gee, i can hardly wait...

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:39 AM

This is the one i go to now and then. Press this link for the 360 tour of the complex

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Topgolf+Chigwell/@51.6425921,0.0955667,3a,90y,90h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sd47LlpXMq_eAbuFfZEO8gQ!2e0!3e2!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x47d8a3d56c9385cf:0x5eb13096ee638d69!6m1!1e1

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:46 AM

MainzMan:

While I agree that this is pretty big news for WGT and anyone who lives within a short drive of one of the TopGolf ranges, for the rest of us, I don't think there's anything at all.

I don't want to piss all over the flowers but really, for me, big deal.

They are expanding pretty rapidly.  They are looking to open locations all over the world.  So while yes now there is only a small number of them, in the future there will be a lot more. I think in the long run, this will be beneficial to everyone.

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:49 AM

SamanthaWho:
    we will be getting more arcade games.

Luckily, only on mobile - doesn't bother me.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:55 AM

GCliftonHarris:

My question is did this merger take place because one or both of the co-founders wanted to leave the business? Further, with Top Golf running the site eventually can the players really expect the same experience? The latter question was asked because your co-founder is going to Top Golf to be the President so whom replaces the two of you? Love playing the game.

Both co-founders are still here and don't have any plans on leaving.  WGT has become part of Topgolf so there is no longer the title of CEO of WGT.  So the new title is President but he will still be deeply involved with the game.

- WGTdbloshoe

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:56 AM

I dont use mobile to play this, and as far as i can gather my nearest TG is in Watford, only about 400 miles away.

Mmmmmmm 

RSS