Help › Forums

WGT and TOPGOLF are now one!

Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:53 PM (212 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:13 AM

PRIESTESS:

MisterWGT:
    Lastly, if any of you have been to a Topgolf venue, please share your impressions with the community -- and – let us know what you liked about the experience & how we can recreate it in WGT!

What i liked about the range apart from the dart circles with targets in , is the fact that you see on a digital panel near the ball how far the ball went. It has hundreds of holes near the targets and when a ball drops into any one of them holes it lets you know how far that was. That would ideal for wgt to have a range that flash how far yer ball carried,, rolled  etc etc

That's cool!  I have been dying to get out to one.  Can't wait for the Vegas one to open.  Topgolf at night, Wolfcreek in the daytime!

- WGTdbloshoe

• virtualreality
    122 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:16 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    We are currently working on Erin Hills.  After that different options will be evaluated.

Erin Hills would be around 15 months away.So 2016 seems to be only pebble beach back 9 ,if ever.

The topgolf site FAQ section mentioning only the wgt mobile says all about the direction of the said evaluated options.

So PC only users like me are on their way out soon unless we change our tastes to the identity and privacy stalking world of mobile.

So in essence only happy face out of this whole development is the one displayed beaming outside topgolf building.....good for you misterwgt.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:23 AM

virtualreality:

The topgolf site FAQ section mentioning only the wgt mobile says all about the direction of the said evaluated options.

So PC only users like me are on their way out soon unless we change our tastes to the identity and privacy stalking world of mobile.

So in essence only happy face out of this whole development is the one displayed beaming outside topgolf building.....good for you misterwgt.

The website isn't going anywhere.  Mobile is a big part of all businesses these days but we aren't forgetting about the site or players who play on the site.

- WGTdbloshoe

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:32 AM

Good luck Chad & we miss ya @ #WGT

• rihintz
    13 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:47 AM

For those of us WGTers who already have a Top Golf membership, will there be any reciprocating benefits (discounts, contests, etc.) for "dual citizenship?"

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:50 AM

rihintz:

For those of us WGTers who already have a Top Golf membership, will there be any reciprocating benefits (discounts, contests, etc.) for "dual citizenship?"

Yes there will be, but it is yet to be determined exactly what it will be.  We will update more about that as things start to come into focus more.

- WGTdbloshoe

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:03 AM

as i read it top golf has no virtual courses what can we who are not members of top golf gain?

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:05 AM

resozv:

Good luck Chad & we miss ya @ #WGT

Yeah because now what I want to know is who will be running WGT ? Since according to Chad WGT and Top Golf are now one . Who will be calling the shots ? Most mergers like these means that the smaller company is absorbed by the larger company and comes under the larger companies control .

Existing management of smaller company is usually released with severance pay and sent on down the road . The controlling partner will place its own personnel in the top positions to run and manage the acquired company .  

So is this an actual partnership or a buy out of WGT ? Only time will tell but wont be surprised if a change does come .

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:09 AM

I was surprised to even hear from Chad...word going round the WGT lunchroom was that the Mods ate him...apparently using one of Icon's "made from scratch" recipes.

so, welcome back, Chad...glad to see it was only a rumor...:)

ct

• GCliftonHarris
    17 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:18 AM

My question is did this merger take place because one or both of the co-founders wanted to leave the business? Further, with Top Golf running the site eventually can the players really expect the same experience? The latter question was asked because your co-founder is going to Top Golf to be the President so whom replaces the two of you? Love playing the game.

RSS